Cameron Jordan to visit Israel for Week-Long Inspirational Tour (1 Viewer)

Iceebear

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The group of 11 sportsmen will visit Israel for a seven-day visit, during which they will meet with a wide range of Israelis from different walks of life. The sportsmen will visit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea and Haifa, as well as Christian sites in the Galilee, including baptism in the River Jordan at Yardenit......

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/...h-christian-sites-israel/#l4J8l4q5EKxdUxXR.99

I've been to Israel on a similar tour to all of those places listed except Haifa. I'm going again later this year. It's quite safe. The one thing Israelis and Palestinians agree on is tourism.

I have been there 3 times in the past 2 years and have been to all places listed and even more that are not on the list - he will be fine. While there is always a possibility of something happening, I have felt safe there each and every time.

Israel and Palestine (not trying to get political) are much more picturesque than people might imagine if you have never been.

I too am not trying to get political but I wonder why the NFL doesn't arrange a tour of some of the occupied West Bank Palestinian cities such as Nablus or Hebron. They don't even have to visit the most oppressed parts of the Palestinian territories, such as Gaza. My mother, a retired English professor, had a wonderful time visiting and teaching in Nablus a couple of years ago. She felt quite safe. This would be a great opportunity to educate Americans about the Palestinian people. Just visiting Israeli territories is quite biased. There is no true education about the Palestinian people and their lives if Palestinian territories are not visited.

I just read the article. It's interesting and immoral that the tour will be used as a campaign to discredit the Palestinian-led Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement. The BDS movement is much like the anti-apartheid movement against South Africa in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Without the anti-apartheid movement, Nelson Mandela would have never been released from prison nor would he have been president of his country. Shame on the NFL for trying to discredit the BDS movement. Shame on the NFL for not recognizing the humanity of Palestinians. The word "Palestinians" is not even mentioned in the article. One wouldn't even know the Palestinian people exist if they were to go on this tour.

There are tours offered that visit both Israeli AND Palestinian sites:

Mission Statement of Green Olive Tours
Green Olive Tours is a social enterprise tour agency providing tours that are informative and analytical, covering the history, culture, and political geography of Palestine (West Bank) and Israel. The tours provide benefit to the indigenous population through the hiring and training of tour guides, overnight stays with families & small guest houses, and encouraging visitors to purchase local crafts directly from producers and Fair Trade outlets.

The wide range of itineraries include interaction with Palestinians and Israelis, and visit areas that embody the history and current status of the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians in the West Bank and Jerusalem, and between Israel's Jewish, Palestinian-Arab, and Bedouin citizens. The complex mosaic of religions, nationalities, and political viewpoints in the Holy Land are explored in depth.

Many of the tours also visit sites of historical, cultural and religious interest, placing them within the context of the ongoing analysis provided by the guide.

Green Olive Tours aims to provide our guests with:
A cultural, historical and political understanding of Palestine & Israel.
Visits to cultural, historical and religious sites.
An experience of the political facts on the ground.
Interaction with Palestinians and Israelis.
Analysis and commentary based on;
Human Rights
Cultural self determination
The right to political self determination
The right to live in safety
The right to political freedom
The right to a home

Green Olive Tours-Israel-Palestine-Alternative Tours-Culture-Politics: Vision, Mission & Values

The group of 11 sportsmen will visit Israel for a seven-day visit, during which they will meet with a wide range of Israelis from different walks of life. The sportsmen will visit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea and Haifa, as well as Christian sites in the Galilee, including baptism in the River Jordan at Yardenit......

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/...h-christian-sites-israel/#l4J8l4q5EKxdUxXR.99

Pretty neat stuff. Been wanting to tour Israel myself for several years now.

I'm sure he will be fine, I'm even staying out of Europe for a while, visit the EAST instead,maybe south America, try not to look American where ever we go

I too am not trying to get political but I wonder why the NFL doesn't arrange a tour of some of the occupied West Bank Palestinian cities such as Nablus or Hebron. They don't even have to visit the most oppressed parts of the Palestinian territories, such as Gaza. My mother, a retired English professor, had a wonderful time visiting and teaching in Nablus a couple of years ago. She felt quite safe. This would be a great opportunity to educate Americans about the Palestinian people. Just visiting Israeli territories is quite biased. There is no true education about the Palestinian people and their lives if Palestinian territories are not visited.

I agree, going more into the West Bank should be part of the trip, at least go to Bethlehem. As for Hebron, I know a couple of people from there and while they would like to show off their part of the world, they know that a tour would never go there, which is a shame.

All in all, it is great that Cam and other players are going there at least to help spark some discussion about the region, but it is also bad that they will likely only see one side of things. I hope Cam takes the opportunity to float in the Dead Sea - one of the more amazing things I have ever done.

Big Win! NFL Player Cancels Trip to Israel! - US Campaign for Palestinian Rights

Interesting. I got this in my inbox this morning. Maybe Cam will think twice about going as well. This may spark discussion if this gets reported.

Wow - that is something. I have friends there that are Israeli citizens (they are Jewish), some that are Palestinian with Israeli passports (they are Catholic) and some that are Palestinian (are a mix of Catholic and Muslim) - needless to say I have had some very interesting conversations in the past with different views. It will be interesting to get their view of this especially especially since my good friend who is Israeli is a HUGE sports fans and works in media there.

Thanks for the update past.

I would love to visit there too. How awesome that would be! Btw, Rev. I am a fellow pastor.

Well as of this past December I'm no longer on staff at a church, so I guess I should take the tag off (if I can lol). But that's pretty awesome. Also see you're in Shreveport, my neck of the woods (well, 1.5 hour away neck anyway).

Interesting. I got this in my inbox this morning. Maybe Cam will think twice about going as well. This may spark discussion if this gets reported.

Hope not. Sports is usually my relief from political/religious debates. The land/ideology war in Israel is one very contentious issue.

Wow - that is something. I have friends there that are Israeli citizens (they are Jewish), some that are Palestinian with Israeli passports (they are Catholic) and some that are Palestinian (are a mix of Catholic and Muslim) - needless to say I have had some very interesting conversations in the past with different views. It will be interesting to get their view of this especially especially since my good friend who is Israeli is a HUGE sports fans and works in media there.

Thanks for the update past.

No problem! Apparently there was an open letter from human rights activists sent to the NFL delegation going to Israel urging them to reconsider their participation. It's a missed opportunity by the NFL to help spark a neutral, national discussion about the issue.

https://www.thenation.com/article/o...on-a-trip-organized-by-netanyahus-government/

When my mother was teaching in Nablus/Palestine (we're Christian, Baptists) she attended church quite often. Americans unfortunately do not know about much of the GOOD that is going on in Palestine/Israel despite all of the bad. American mainstream media is unfortunately more biased in reporting on the conflict than Israeli media. (That's actually not an alternate fact). The region has a long history of conflict but also a long history of peaceful co-existence of Muslims, Jews and Christians. The way things are headed, there can only be one state--there can be no two states. The map of Israel/Palestine is like a block of Swiss cheese. One group is the cheese. Another group represents the holes. That's not viable or sustainable. One day, maybe after I'm dead and gone, there will once again be peaceful coexistence.

Attachments

• israel-palestine_map.jpg
    israel-palestine_map.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 9

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom