Cameron Jordan wants Saints to add a couple cornerbacks in 2017 draft (1 Viewer)

Guess he thinks the ones we have aren't up to task?? Here is the quote with some context:

"I'm going to leave the drafting to them," Jordan said Wednesday on Super Bowl 51's radio row. "They seem to be doing well when we go draft a good defensive guy. Now, would I like a high defensive end? Yeah. But at the same time, I'll take a corner."

Jordan whispered those last few words -- "I'll take a corner" -- before repeating himself quietly.

"I'll take a corner," he said. "I'll take two corners."

Guess he thinks the ones we have aren't up to task?? Here his the quote with some context:

If you take away the free agents that leaves us with Breaux, Williams and Swann. All of which have a history of season ending injuries.

It would be very smart to draft some corners this year, though I don't know if I'd draft CB at 11.

I really think we are going to get a pass rusher in free agency.

Then again, Cam is a very loyal guy and I'm sure he'd stick up for his d-line guys no matter what.

While I personally agree we need help in the secondary, you can't deny that we need pass rush help after watching our blitzes get stopped cold on numerous occasions.

I'm with Cam on our top 2 defensive needs. Corner and defensive end. We need a linebacker, but that would be third on my list.

we did have undrafted free agents and street guys starting last season. so yes, they didn't get the job done. While they did ok, their lack of talent was put on display last season. good/great corners makes the DE's job easier as does the opposite.

If this means no more 10 yard cushion on 1st/2nd and long... Go for it.

Sure, draft one and sign A.J. Bouye!

It would not surprise me if we went after Joe Haden. We tried trading for him last year and Aaron Glenn coached him.

Also, I wonder if the Saints would look at Prince Amukamara for an under-the-radar signing. One of our coaches Peter Giunta, coached him when they were with the Giants.

Some other names that will be available: Mo Claiborne, Dre Kirkpatrick.

While I agree with Cam, probably not something he should be saying in the media.

I'm strong as hell. I could jam him.

Then he'd take a step in any direction and I'd be face first in the turf while he's laughing unconvinto the endzone.

I've decided that I like playing the "guess what this really means without autocorrect" game but this is one I'm going to lose. Unless you were going for "uncontrollably into the end zone" I can't figure it out.

:hihi:

Hell, I'd draft all defensive positions - CB, S, LB, & DE. Still leaves two picks for the offense.

And that's assuming we don't trade down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom