Cameron Jordan wants Saints to add a couple cornerbacks in 2017 draft (1 Viewer)

It would not surprise me if we went after Joe Haden. We tried trading for him last year and Aaron Glenn coached him.

Also, I wonder if the Saints would look at Prince Amukamara for an under-the-radar signing. One of our coaches Peter Giunta, coached him when they were with the Giants.

Some other names that will be available: Mo Claiborne, Dre Kirkpatrick.

Please stop with this Mo Claiborne stuff, that dude is garbage, I'll take AJ Bouye or Stephen Gilmore, with Trumaine Johnson as a alternate. BTW Delvin Breaux is not a #1 CB is a #2 at best.

Please stop with this Mo Claiborne stuff, that dude is garbage, I'll take AJ Bouye or Stephen Gilmore, with Trumaine Johnson as a alternate. BTW Delvin Breaux is not a #1 CB is a #2 at best.

I'm with you on these "mid tier" cornerbacks. If we sign Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, or Haden I won't be happy. Especially Haden. He's been horrible the past 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Marshon Lattimore is there at pick 11, might be the direction to go. Otherwise, there's not much separating the rest of those CBs that are projected round 1-3.

You can jam dez but Julio might be risky

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

No you can't. Bryant is a bull vs press coverage. Watch Cowboys games closely and you'll see he eats attempted jams at the LOS with ease.

I see these types of comments all the time and shake my head. Wr's are usually much bigger and stronger than the Db. lined opposite of them.
NFL Cb's give a cushion to prevent getting run over like a Mac truck. Rule changes have brought this about. Mel Blount type Cb's no longer exist.

Not sure about Gilmore. I think he is overrated. I like Logan Ryan from the Pats.

Not sure about Gilmore. I think he is overrated. I like Logan Ryan from the Pats.

I don't understand all the Gilmore love..

I'm iffy on Ryan, wouldn't mind him if he settled on a modest contract.

C3qDIeHWQAEPOHj.jpg:large

Graph is from PFF

Sounds like Jordan and I agree on something.:scratch:

Honestly, Lattimore and Douglas would be my first two picks if the draft were today.

Stephen Gilmore is exactly what we need. 6'1 and runs a 4.40 while just entering his prime at 26. If we were willing to go after Norman for top dollar with no cap space I have no doubt we go after one of the top CBs in this FA class with some nice cap space. I would go CB/OG in FA while drafting DE/LB with our 1st/2nd picks.

Stephen Gilmore is exactly what we need. 6'1 and runs a 4.40 while just entering his prime at 26. If we were willing to go after Norman for top dollar with no cap space I have no doubt we go after one of the top CBs in this FA class with some nice cap space. I would go CB/OG in FA while drafting DE/LB with our 1st/2nd picks.
i agree with this statement......the first three rounds should be de lb cb choosing the best player available at one of these positions in each round......of course this depends on signing need players in fa.

If you take away the free agents that leaves us with Breaux, Williams and Swann. All of which have a history of season ending injuries.

It would be very smart to draft some corners this year, though I don't know if I'd draft CB at 11.

I really think we are going to get a pass rusher in free agency.

Then again, Cam is a very loyal guy and I'm sure he'd stick up for his d-line guys no matter what.

While I personally agree we need help in the secondary, you can't deny that we need pass rush help after watching our blitzes get stopped cold on numerous occasions.

Don't forget Crawley when he was thrown in against the Raiders he looked awful but improved every week. And don't forget AJ Bouye who is one of the top corners in FA thus year was a UDFA and Crawley is actually more athletic than him.

With some continued patience and development he could turn into a starter in his 3rd or 4th season.

Logan Ryan scares me. Most players from the Patriots scare me. We know by now that they implement a system that makes everyone better than they are. Additionally, if you look at the grades someone posted he had bad games against every halfway decent QB he faced. The NFC south is a different beast when it comes to QBs.

In terms of boundary corners the 3 I like are Trumaine Johnson, AJ Bouye and Marcus Cooper. If we're looking for a nickel corner (which might be the case if PJ Williams comes back healthy) then I love Darius Butler as an affordable stop gap signing.

AJ Bouye is the stand-out. He can dominate on the boundary and the nickel and can go 1 on 1 with the most physical TEs in the league. Unfortunately, he'll be looking at $13M+.

All this said, and said well, we still have one of the weakest LB corps in the league.

one? I would have to say man for man we have the weakest group.

Don't forget Crawley when he was thrown in against the Raiders he looked awful but improved every week. And don't forget AJ Bouye who is one of the top corners in FA thus year was a UDFA and Crawley is actually more athletic than him.

With some continued patience and development he could turn into a starter in his 3rd or 4th season.

while Crawley did improve after much exposure, he still was an UDFA for a reason. He is a very good depth corner that can come in when a team goes 4-5 wide I really don't want him to have to start or even be one of the first two subs to come in. I would like to get a second tier corner in FA and also draft a cb early. While one in the first round would be great in the long term, would love to have a stud in that positon, drafting Chidobe Awuzie in the third would be pretty cool with me. Draft a DE in the first and then a corner in the third with a guard sandwiched between them would be a successful haul in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom