Camp battle to watch OT (1 Viewer)

Who told you we had the best offense in the League last year? ESPN? Our offensive efficiency ranking had us 9th. I've been saying this all off-season but even with the worst defense in history, our 2011 offense would've carried us into the post season. Our problems on the offensive line were drive killers time and again last season and are the most overlooked issue on our team.

Fortunately, judging by their comments and all of the activity around the Tackles, the FO is aware of the problems. I just wish a few more fans were...
I completely understand your points.

I don't have on my saints colored glasses, I just don't agree with the extremity of the comments. Especially for Streif.

You don't think we have one of the best offenses in the league?
You don't give us a pass for last year?

These coaches have a plan. And I see we have at least one more tackle joining us in free agency, but haven't clicked on the thread yet. I also suspect we will sign another veteran free agent if training proves out what you're saying.

I have a feeling Armstead will start from game 1. Payton has a history of doing that, and Armstead has the talent.

Like the OP said both spots are up for grabs bc Strief isn't safe neither. Smith and Brown can play RT too. I can easily see Brown and Strief battling for RT and with Armstead in the race he and Smith battling for LT along with the other guys. We have created competition which is very good for our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the OP said both spots are up for grabs bc Strief isn't safe neither. Smith and Brown can play RT too. I can easily see Brown and Strief battling for RT and with Armstead in the race he and Smith battling for LT along with the other guys. We have created competition which is very good for our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are still going to use chip blocks from RB's and TE's then if Armstead shows he is capable why not put him in there from day 1. He will learn a whole lot more playing than sitting on the bench. Truth is we have a lot of young OT's on this roster and I'm sure Payton is going to have a Battle Royal going on to see who wants to be a starter. I'd love to see Armstead and Jones/Harris step up so we can have two young guys protecting Drew for the next few years.

I want to believe Payton and Loomis see something in Smith that told them to bring him in. From what I've read he seemed to come along some after he recovered from his concussion issues and I hope that's true. If he can play RT better than Strief then I'd say we did a good job.

I can't wait to see just how Jermon "Pro Bowl" Bushrod plays in Chicago this year. Cutler is not known for getting rid of the ball very quickly and they run a lot of 5 and 7 step drop plays. Guess we'll see if they got their monies worth.

I would not be surprised if it were C.Brown at Left, and Bryce Harris as Right Tackle as your starters with. Armstead (LT) and Strief/J.Smith (RT) being The primary back-ups.

Also Armstead might be a bit raw, but if Brown goes down at any point there's a strong possibility he could be put in a starting role.

everyone's attention is on the LT but have you guys forgot how god awful Strief was last season.. both sides need upgrades, hopefully someone beats ZS out for that starting RT spot in camp this summer!!

Oh God, I sure hope so!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom