Camp Reports...neworleanssaints.com (1 Viewer)

I almost posted this last night....it's from yesterday. Hopefully they'll do another write-up about today's practice.

For anyone that hasn't read this, check it out. It's a good read.

Last edited:
I read this before also.

The writers seem to be trying to give a good mention to everyone they can. Nothing wrong with that.

This caught my eye:

"Deuce McAllister opened the period up with a powerful inside run, following FB Mike Karney, C Jeff Faine and RG Jamar Nesbit and bolted through the middle for a long run."

If Nesbit is at RG, who were we using at LG? Because these folks are all starters, someone else must be the starting LG (for now).

ddd

Last edited:
one noteable from practice yesterday was the buzz about the sheer size of robert johnson.

In the draft i thought we could have used another blocking tightend and i really liked matt spaeth out of minnesota as that exta-lineman type of blocker that we really need to just blow up a defensive end or linebacker and that would make our line more physical in our run-blocking schemes.

:scratch: it seems as though we signed him around the time cambell was having issues with his knee last year, and his abscence was really missed during the redskins game.

this would be like his 5th different team in four years. does anyone Know if the fact that he does not excell at blocking despite his size is the reason for this? Or is it that he can block, but is really one dimensional in that regard (like Lamont Hall) and all of the other teams that released him wanted someone more versatile?

since he has the size of a great blocker, does that mean he is one?

and can his passing skills benefit the team as well?

or is he simply a journeyman "camp-body?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom