Camp Updates 8/14 (2 Viewers)

Things I'm taking from practice just reading these updates -

Fairley was teaching Lelito blocking techniques by showing how him DL use their hands. This is terrific.

Garrett Grayson is pushing McCown for the backup job. Good, this means he's right on schedule - Year one clipboard holder, year two push for the backup job, year three backup Brees, year four takeover from Brees.

I'm liking the things Cortland Finnegan is saying. Never was much of fan but I'm warming up to him.

Landon Turner is climbing up the depth chart. He should after a very solid preseason game. I wrote that I understood why he undrafted and openly doubted he'd make the roster. I keyed on him against the Pats and he was one of the best OL on the field in the second half (Jack Allen minus the penalties was the other).

TommyLee Lewis has been described "as the fastest player on the field" pretty high praise on the field that also contains Brandon Cooks and A healthy CJ Spiller.

Michael Thomas is a freak of nature.

So hard to keep myself tempered. Man, the next game is way this Saturday? Gonna be a long, long week...

At least we get to practice against the Texans too.

how about this. I don't want a guy who has a reputation of being a dirty player. He has that rep around the league. i don't want that guy to take the place of Browner in the getting PI often. why tempt fate? perhaps nothing will happen. but perhaps he will be targeted by the refs. Hell, we think the refs are against us already. bring in someone who has a rep of dirty play and watch the flags fly. If he had the talent of a shut down corner then perhaps I would feel differently. He may be a great guy off the field. I really don't care about that. I care about what happens on the field and he has the very good chance to get personal fouls at the most inopportune times. but hey, that is just my thoughts. I don't make personnel decisions.

would you allow that Harper might know him a bit better than we do?
since they were teammates last year
and he was teammates with James L before that
so maybe...just maybe...coach vetted these concerns already

I'm warm to it too - but if that's the case, why not take Slauson a couple months ago? Chicago (shockingly) cut him. He was good, cheap, and available. No trade necessary, nothing to give up. Just make an offer. We didn't make an offer.

How do you know we didn't make an offer?

really hate agreeing with swimmer, but McCown is better than that when playing with the 1s, we know him, he has been here a while and done well when needed.

really hate agreeing with swimmer, but McCown is better than that when playing with the 1s, we know him, he has been here a while and done well when needed.

Tiny data set.

And he can't put air under a ball to save his life.

Still, we could do worse, but it would be nice to feel like we had made some progress in QB development after 11 years.

Is it wrong to think that?

I would like to thank everybody for the reports and posting updates. Also I hope Jackers gets better from the plague. Nice write up would hate to lose that.

Anyone else think McCown was put in with the 3rd team as a favor to those guys? Grayson's not helping making people shine, but McCown is smart enough to not make players look worse than they already are.

Anyone else think McCown was put in with the 3rd team as a favor to those guys? Grayson's not helping making people shine, but McCown is smart enough to not make players look worse than they already are.

That interception he threw didn't make anybody look good. Especially himself. Terrible throw.

Things I'm taking from practice just reading these updates -

Fairley was teaching Lelito blocking techniques by showing how him DL use their hands. This is terrific.

Garrett Grayson is pushing McCown for the backup job. Good, this means he's right on schedule - Year one clipboard holder, year two push for the backup job, year three backup Brees, year four takeover from Brees.

I'm liking the things Cortland Finnegan is saying. Never was much of fan but I'm warming up to him.

Landon Turner is climbing up the depth chart. He should after a very solid preseason game. Post draft I wrote that I understood why he went undrafted and openly doubted he'd make the roster. I keyed on him against the Pats and he was one of the best OL on the field in the second half (Jack Allen minus the penalties was the other).

TommyLee Lewis has been described "as the fastest player on the field" pretty high praise on the field that also contains Brandon Cooks and a healthy CJ Spiller.

Michael Thomas is a freak of nature, that is all.

That chop block penalty on Allen may have been bogus. It seems like our guard fell, and then Allen shoved the Dlineman over our guard. I know our guard didn't move into the DT, so there was little to no chance of the DT being injured, and isn't that the reason for the rule?

Edit: The chop block was on Kelemete, but Allen pushed the dlineman over Kelemete. A couple of plays later Allen was called for a block in the back, and I also thought that was a bad call. The defender turned his back at the last second as Allen pushed him, but even then it seemed like it was more from the side, than the back. I was impressed with how well Allen moved to even find the DB to block him.

How do you know we didn't make an offer?

It's reasonable to assume, since he never visited. Bolts & Bills were his only stops.

Contract numbers he signed for were 900K for 2016. 1.5 mil for 2017. 600K guaranteed. 1.25 mil in incentives. Reasonably cheap for an experienced starter.

Disagree, thought Onyemata did well in the game. Richardson too.

Tull was the one that left me feeling a little disappointed.
Yeah, I think everyone was pulling for Tull to come out of the gates on fire. He's been hyped enough the past year. Hopefully he corrects whatever the technical issues were and shows up next game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree....last year McCown looked in control and was easily the second best qb on this team....however, this year the gap has obviously closed and based on first preseason game alone I'd say Grayson should unseat McCown as backup.....but we all shall see how it plays out over the next few weeks.
I'd be elated if we could trade Mccown for a starting caliber Guard. That would be HUGE for our offense.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom