Campaign '08: Al Gore to the rescue? (1 Viewer)

Saint Mike

Are you a Who Dat?
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pffft. As if Hillary would ever let this happen.

Is Al Gore the Answer?

By JOE KLEIN

Let's say the elders of the Democratic Party decide, when the primaries end, that neither Obama nor Clinton is viable. Let's also assume—and this may be a real stretch—that such elders are strong and smart enough to act. All they'd have to do would be to convince a significant fraction of their superdelegate friends, maybe fewer than 100, to announce that they were taking a pass on the first ballot at the Denver convention, which would deny the 2,025 votes necessary to Obama or Clinton. What if they then approached Gore and asked him to be the nominee, for the good of the party—and suggested that he take Obama as his running mate? Of course, Obama would have to be a party to the deal and bring his 1,900 or so delegates along.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1725678,00.html

The more likely scenario would be guys like Edwards and Gore breaking their silence and coming forward to endorse one or the other candidate.

After more than a year of hard campaigning and fundraising, the efforts of Hillary and Obama will be scrapped for Gore to come and save the day. Yeah, that'll work. ;)

It appears that the Dems are ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Something else for which Joe Klein should have used that other byline.

Hey Saint Mike. I'm glad to see there are some other anti-Federalists on this board. We need more of us to show those federalist believers that states cannot be trusted and we need Washington to solve most of this country's problems! Are you voting for Obama by any chance?

States rights = jim crow and illegalized abortions, IMO

Hey Saint Mike. I'm glad to see there are some other anti-Federalists on this board. We need more of us to show those federalist believers that states cannot be trusted and we need Washington to solve most of this country's problems! Are you voting for Obama by any chance?

Ha. Not quite. I'm an Anti-Federalist in the sense that Robert Yates was---he opposed ratification of the Constitution because it strayed too far from the Articles of Confederation and concentrated too much power in the hands of the Federal Government. So, no, I will not be voting for Obama.

MSNBC
Obama: I'd hire Al Gore
Would consider former vice president for cabinet-level post or higher
April 2, 2008

WALLINGFORD, Pa. - Democrat Barack Obama said Wednesday he talks regularly with former vice president Al Gore and would consider putting him in a Cabinet-level position or higher.

A woman at a town hall asked the Illinois senator if elected president would he consider tapping the former vice president for his Cabinet, or an even higher level office, to address global warming.

"I would," Obama said. "Not only will I, but I will make a commitment that Al Gore will be at the table and play a central part in us figuring out how we solve this problem. He's somebody I talk to on a regular basis. I'm already consulting with him in terms of these issues, but climate change is real. It is something we have to deal with now, not 10 years from now, not 20 years from now."

READ MORE
Obama: I'd hire Al Gore - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom