Camping - food (9 Viewers)

Reaction score
Foil pizza pockets. Peta pockets filled with favorite pizza filings and wrapped in aluminum foil, then put on hot coals for a few minutes to melt cheese and heat the filling.
This is what I was going to suggest. If you do a search for campfire foil packets there's tons of great ideas. We used to make desserts by taking waffle cones and filling them with marshmallows and toppings like dried fruit, nuts and chocolate chips. Wrap them in foil and stick them in the fire till they're melty.

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I was going to suggest. If you do a search for campfire foil packets there's tons of great ideas. We used to make desserts by taking waffle cones and filling them with marshmallows and toppings like dried fruit, nuts and chocolate chips. Wrap them in foil and stick them in the fire till they're melty.
That sounds awesome
re. the pita pizza, did you ‘open’ the pita and put everything in the pocket or just make a pita calzone?
I did the calzone method but there was a slight issue for me that there wasn’t enough sauce per bread
trying to figure how to make it saucier forget next time

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
That sounds awesome
re. the pita pizza, did you ‘open’ the pita and put everything in the pocket or just make a pita calzone?
I did the calzone method but there was a slight issue for me that there wasn’t enough sauce per bread
trying to figure how to make it saucier forget next time
Make more sauce.

seagull

2010 World Champions
Reaction score
fwiw - it looks like Bogue Chitto is adding 'permanent' tents in it's Rv area (maybe 6'x12'x8' 'canvas' army type tents - they're a sand color and probably not actual canvas, but that's the look) - probably aiming for some sweet spot between 'roughing it' camping and cabins
That is a new thing for campgrounds, offering Glamping (fancy camping), where the tent and site is all set up and you just show up with your bags.

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
What campground?
One of the best camping experiences in "The Boot" is at Petit Jean State Park.
We go there every couple of years.
Stunning scenery.
My cousin and his family will be going there in a few weeks.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That is a new thing for campgrounds, offering Glamping (fancy camping), where the tent and site is all set up and you just show up with your bags.
Tents or yurts? I really wanna stay in a yurt.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Take food that doesn't contain mayo stored at room temp for several hours. You'll be fine

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 5)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom