Camping - food (1 Viewer)

I used to live next door to some guys from Hungary and we would do Shish Kabobs by digging a trench 8 inches across and a few feet long (doesn’t need to be too deep)Everyone just sits on the ground and is in charge of their own sticks. We did line the edges with bricks and put sand in the trench but you may be good at improve. It is a cool social cooking setup.

I used to live next door to some guys from Hungary and we would do Shish Kabobs by digging a trench 8 inches across and a few feet long (doesn’t need to be too deep)Everyone just sits on the ground and is in charge of their own sticks. We did line the edges with bricks and put sand in the trench but you may be good at improve. It is a cool social cooking setup.
that's a great idea - my 13 yr old 'might' be into it - the 7 yr old definitely not (he'd love the fire part, just not the food part - but we'll def do hotdogs open fire method

Foil pizza pockets. Peta pockets filled with favorite pizza filings and wrapped in aluminum foil, then put on hot coals for a few minutes to melt cheese and heat the filling.

Dont know if your kids like chicken fajitas, but those are good on an iron pan over fire. Then you can heat torts in foil. And it would work well with fire pit idea of @Zack Lee

asked the 13 and the first thing he said was 'kabobs'
so we're doing kabobs one night - 7yr old will get peanut butter if he doesn't want kabobs

Going tubing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom