Camping - food (1 Viewer)

That is a new thing for campgrounds, offering Glamping (fancy camping), where the tent and site is all set up and you just show up with your bags.
Tents or yurts? I really wanna stay in a yurt.

Take food that doesn't contain mayo stored at room temp for several hours. You'll be fine

We'll be going there after a rainstorm.
The rainwater washes some of the overlaying sediment away.
By doing that it makes the crystals and diamonds more exposed.
I went once and the ideal conditions were a freshly turned-over field, a very good rainstorm and we had both and only found nondiamond rocks. Not many were found by others that weekend either and to make it worst, LSU lost to the Razorbacks in OT that weekend.

k, so everyone talking about Arkansas camping has me wanting to go
the wife works a week past memorial day, but the kids and i are off which would be when we would go if we do

i would want to get off early so i'm not setting up camp too late - the 7 yr old has not done an 8hr trip yet so we would need at least one big stop - is Vicksburg the best lunch intermediate spot? does anyone know a better lunch/break place on 61/65?

the wife works a week past memorial day, but the kids and i are off which would be when we would go if we do

i would want to get off early so i'm not setting up camp too late - the 7 yr old has not done an 8hr trip yet so we would need at least one big stop - is Vicksburg the best lunch intermediate spot? does anyone know a better lunch/break place on 61/65?
Solly's Tamales is a great hole in the wall and only a few miles off the interstate.

Vicksburg is great and you can do the battlefield tour. What 7 yr old wouldn't love that!

Just saw these at the Costco.. looks like it might be handy-dandy to have on a camping trip

13334FD1-573B-4305-966D-B127D83DD4BE.jpeg38C8310A-EB16-41B1-ABB2-AFE4D0953B03.jpeg8DCE2C35-22BB-4171-A8CA-7B2A5E55F042.jpeg

I have one I use in the backyard quite often. It's good if you are camping right next to where you park. But kinda heavy to have to transport considering the propane tank that you will also need.

I did a short backpacking trip with one of my sons this weekend. We wanted to try something new, so Friday morning I put a couple of cornish game hens in the fridge to start thawing, and then packed them at the bottom of the bear can when we left out at the end of the day after work.

By Saturday evening they had fully thawed; we made a spit and smoked them over the fire for a couple of hours (I even brought some butter to rub on the skin)...

1619999348245.png

We'll definitely be doing this again!

Heavy duty foil, sliced bananas, butter, brown sugar, apple juice, and Fireball whiskey. Crimp into a sealed pouch and gently toss into the fire for a couple of minutes.
What do you end up with? It sounds good but am I drinking the resulting concoction?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom