Can’t Overreact... (1 Viewer)

It should be a cause for concern.... saints got smashed at home to a 1-7 division opponent. Raven smashed a 0-8 division opponent, on the road, by 49-13. Speaks to the preparation and mindset of the team.

Edit: And Falcons a, 28+ ranked pass defending team, was playing without their #1 CB.
SAD

I think I needed to read that. I'm so upset, and when I'm in a really mad mood, I go on a furious cleaning jag. Laundry, vacuum, dust, clean out fridge. My boyfriend knows better than to talk to me. Shutting off football for the weekend. My nerves cant take the chatter.
Before you lose all that anger, if you keep on raging, my place is a mess if you still have the urge to clean.

Just to clarify. 28th pass defense. Number 1 corner out. 4th round rookie starting one of the hardest positions to transition from college

Just to clarify. 28th pass defense. Number 1 corner out. 4th round rookie starting one of the hardest positions to transition from college

When you only have to gameplan against one legitimate NFL receiver crap like this is possible LOL. Hard to believe their number one corner was out, look what happened to us when Lat went out. Helps to have a WR core doesn't it, like more than one receiver makes a core

Embarrassing loss, can’t lose games like this. Out played, out coached, looked like an average team at best. No overreacting, we got exposed.

Last edited:
WE ARE GOING TO LOSE EVERY GAME!! WE ARE NOT SUPERBOWL CONTENDERS. THAT I CAN TELL YOU.ATLANTA WILL GO 9-7 AND WIN THE SUPERBOWL! THE FALCONS LOOKED LEGIT TODAY!!!!!!!

Aside from the stupid penalties, because we know we can be much better than that;
And aside being clearly outcoached, bacause that’s a thing that happens, especially in Payton’s engagement week, against a fired up opponent that we clearly underestimated;
That being said, I’m a bit concerned. The thing that stood up to me was the bad play of the OL. Armstead, Clapp. We didn’t run, we didn’t protect the Goat. Same thing that happened last year. When the OL is bad, the lack of reliable targets becomes a problem. I hoped it would not come back to bite us, but apparently it does.
So I hope this is not the 2019 version of last year’s game against the Cowboys.
It seems like we have to play our game - and a very specific brand of game - to win: run, time of possession, creative passing game with a good protection, and a fresh defense. Otherwise, we’re not capable of playing shootouts late in the year against stingy defenses anymore.

I'm reminded of Robert DeNiro's line in Midnight Run after Charles Grodin tells him "don't overreact." DeNiro starts shaking him by the collars and yells "I WON'T OVERREACT...I'LL REACT!!!"

Easy to overreact after a performance like this. Team just looked flat coming off the bye. I expect them to be fine.

Having said that, maybe we need to tone down the “World Champions in Waiting” talk for a while. There is a lot of football left to be played. These remaining Division games are gonna all be tough.
Carolinas gonna be tough.

When you only have to gameplan against one legitimate NFL receiver crap like this is possible LOL. Hard to believe their number one corner was out, look what happened to us when Lat went out. Helps to have a WR core doesn't it, like more than one receiver makes a core
Well If Ginn can catch a ball maybe Brees just doesn't look at just Thomas and Cook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom