Can and does have the freedom to audible? (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
In watching the TB playoff game, I noticed that Garcia has audibled a couple times....now, looking back at the Saints season, I don't think I recall Brees being able to or actually audibiling at all?

Does this seem right that Brees has not or cannot audible?

Seems like Brees has the smarts to audible to a better play if he wanted to. There were numerous situations I recall in which our offensive call could've been changed to match the defensive call.

Dude Brees is like #2 or #3 in the league audible rate.... Top 5 anyway. It was posted here about 2 weeks ago.

I had no clue..I never really saw him calling an audible..but audibles don't always change the formation I guess :covri:

I don't recall Brees calling audibles. I only see him point out who might blitz thats about it.

In watching the TB playoff game, I noticed that Garcia has audibled a couple times....now, looking back at the Saints season, I don't think I recall Brees being able to or actually audibiling at all?

Does this seem right that Brees has not or cannot audible?

Seems like Brees has the smarts to audible to a better play if he wanted to. There were numerous situations I recall in which our offensive call could've been changed to match the defensive call.

Dude Brees is like #2 or #3 in the league audible rate.... Top 5 anyway. It was posted about 2 weeks ago.

I've seen Drew audible plenty of times, whether that's shaking his hand at his side, putting his hand in his face mask, etc. Audibles don't always change the formation.

Virtually every quarterback in the NFL has the ability to audible. It was significant and big news that Michael Vick didn't have the ability to audible last year.

I've seen Drew audible plenty of times, whether that's shaking his hand at his side, putting his hand in his face mask, etc. Audibles don't always change the formation.

As i've heard it (from media, announcers, interviews, etc), most NFL quarterbacks break the huddle with 2 runs and a pass for that personnel grouping. Virtually all quarterbacks can call "hot routes" (change individual routes) or change his protection scheme for blitz pickups, and most appear to be able to switch between the run and pass plays.

Considering Drew Brees is one of the headiest QBs in the NFL, that it has been remarked by Brees, Payton, and outside observers that Brees and Payton appear to have some sort of "mind-link", and that Brees and Payton also appear to practically be "BFF's forever"...the idea that Brees "isn't allowed" to call an audible....

I mean come on guys.

his audibles must be pass plays. lol

I think people are talking about bres inability to pick up a blitz. i understand you cant stop them all and this oline isnt good enough to handle it. i just wish we could stop obvious blitzs or the WR screen that obviously has the guy covered and he throws anyway. i think brees needs to sell the WR fake instead of forcing it there.

Brees one of the most cerebral QB's in the league with a Vulcan mind meld with the head coach NOT be able to audible at the line ??????? gimme a break

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom