Can Cincinnati Be A Dark Horse For Payton? (1 Viewer)

If the bengals get Payton, we should be calling their current coach when the season is over. Bengals coach get another season or 2 pass before they part with him. Just bring a recharged Payton back to the saints, he’s already under contract and is familiar with the system and is good for continuity, 😂

I don't think it's money motivated...you can make more doing TV. I think if he returns to the sideline it's going to be motivated by environment. The Dallas sports ecosystem esp Cowboys is too fussy/high drama/etc....all those reasons why he hated the AB workout circus are in a normal "Tuesday" in Dallas
As long as the Cowboys drive his price up to the max, it doesn’t matter to me if he goes there, SD, KC, or Cincy.

Hard to imagine Payton would want to get mixed up with Cincy because of Mike Brown, unless Brown agreed to make Payton HC and GM and promises to live in Florida during football season.

If McDermott can't get the Bills over the hump this year (defined as AFCCG at least, possibly even a SB appearance) this year without a very good reason (basically massive injury issues or few but to key players) then I would think the Bills would at least reach out to Payton.

I think Jerry Jones throws the bank book at him early next year, and I think he will be the highest paid coach in history
I think it would be Dallas for only one reason.....nfl won't be so blatant to screw over big Jerry like they did NO.

Jerry would probably blow up the entire nfl if he was done in like sean and NO been doneth in the past.

I can see Sean the rebel knowing this and use it to his full advantage with the smirk plus do the saints a solid with some picks while it's hot

I think it would be Dallas for only one reason.....nfl won't be so blatant to screw over big Jerry like they did NO.

Jerry would probably blow up the entire nfl if he was done in like sean and NO been doneth in the past.

I can see Sean the rebel knowing this and use it to his full advantage with the smirk plus do the saints a solid with some picks while it's hot

I think Cowboys fans would differ.

The no-call is the worst but officiating is routinely questionable to bad, and pretty much every team and fanbase feels like they get screwed over.

I know the report a few months back listed Dallas, Miami, and the Chargers with the Chiefs being a possibility if Reid retires.
But what about Cincinnati? The only winning season Zac Taylor had was that almost championship season at 10-7. Can Burrow lure Payton to Cincinnati? Even though Bengals ownership doesn’t have the reputation.
I would still take the Chargers over those other teams.

I would still take the Chargers over those other teams.

Payton seems to have a healthy streak of petty in him so who knows, the opportunity to join the Chargers and upend the L.A. market from under the Rams could be appealing as an added incentive. I'd be here for it.

Bengals check the offensive play maker boxes but not the ownership boxes. No way he goes there after working with the stability he had with Mickey & Co here.

Dallas? Naw, it's still a circus show over there & Dak may not be the answer @ QB.

I think SP will pull a Cowher move & stay in that booth longer than we think.

He may not be ready to head back to the 18+ hour grind of NFL coaching.

I know the report a few months back listed Dallas, Miami, and the Chargers with the Chiefs being a possibility if Reid retires.
But what about Cincinnati? The only winning season Zac Taylor had was that almost championship season at 10-7. Can Burrow lure Payton to Cincinnati? Even though Bengals ownership doesn’t have the reputation.
I’ll trade CSP to the Bengals and they wouldn’t even need to give us a draft pick, just 1 player.

If he gets enjoyment out of broadcasting and is successful at that I could see him staying retired. Money is not a factor for him I don't think. Conquering another field I believe would rank pretty high. Look at John Madden.....who wouldn't want that kind of success across different platforms?
His reaction to the Bucs game on Cowherd makes me see how just that short break from coaching this off-season has the juices flowing.

He’ll be back on a sideline next year. I just can’t see him taking two years off. If he keeps hinting that he’s available next season you are going to see a lot of coaches leashes get really tight this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom