Can component cables carry 1080p? (1 Viewer)

gw504saints

Very Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already asked before in the past but I need to confirmed this..

Can component cables carry 1080p signals.. or is it only up to 720p? Can anyone confirm this for me please??? thank you

No.

They can do 1080i. A good 1080p TV should be able to upconvert the signal to 1080p.

Which one is it? You answered “No” and then you said They can do 1080i.

That can't carry native 1080p if the progressive processing is done on the source end, but they can carry a 1080i signal for the TV to display in 1080p.

If I remember correctly they "can" carry 1080p but the resolution is disabled in the electronics. So the answer is that component cables can but don't.

I think that the reason is based on copy protection concerns.

According to the guy working on commission trying to get you to buy the $80 monster cable, no.

Shielded CAT5e cables are cheap and are capable of carrying full 1080p. Just have to hook them up to the proper cable ends.

I just bought 4 6ft HDMI cables with the gold tip on amazon.com for $6.62 total. They were at Wal-Mart for $30 plus tax for just one. I just saved about $124
I got suckered into the super duper $80 Monster cable at Best Buy.:jpshakehead:

I still feel a burning sensation in my butt from that one.

Yeah - they bent you over and did you dry. To be fair, their marketing is really good. Ultimately though, electrons can only move so fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom