Can Deonte Harris add Explosive Receiving Value Similar to Tyreek Hill? (1 Viewer)

on a better ball, he'd still be running...

If you watch the play and count out every 5 yards as he's running full speed, then when he slows down keep counting the 5 yard pace until the ball comes down, the ball should have been thrown to the goal line in order to appropriately lead him. He is a fast, fast man.

There was one player who blew me away in the beginning of the season and continued to blow me away as he matured during the season. Even in the beginning of the season when he made some mental mistakes on returning or not returning kicks, Deonte Harris blew me away. Every time he was on the field, I would just start smiling and my adrenaline level would jump through the roof.

He's the same size and near the same speed as Tyreek. He seems to have excellent ball catching skills. And he will be a part of the scheme of the best offensive coordinator in the league. He's just explosive and disruptive in open field.

Can Harris be as good or near as good as Tyreek Hill?

While they aren't really close to the same height (Hill is 5'10" while Harris is 5'6"), they are both similarly explosive. I'm not certain Harris' small frame would be able to take the abuse as a more regular contributor to the offense (Hill outweighs him by 15 lbs), nor am I certain of his blocking skills. As an occasional decoy or receiver to come in and take a sweep or run a fly pattern, he's perfect. 5-10 total touches is enough for him.

We need him to continue to develop in a big way. I watch Hill in KC's offense and I salivate on the potential of Harris. That quick handoff play with T Hill KC just ran against the Titans would be a great one to run with him and give him a chance to be explosive out of the backfield as well. He is a much better route runner than Tommy Lee Lewis, so this is not that experiment all over again. I think we will see him run more routes on more plays this year, we have to see how our QB position shakes out but if Drew returns we may have sub Hill in for any long plays

Too soon to tell IMO.

That deep pass in the playoffs was nice, but we have to remember that no one expects Hill to throw there, so the coverage may have been a little lax.

But he's shown some real potential on offense I think.

They are fools for thinking that way. He only threw 7 passes and 4 completions but those completions averaged 26 yards with the longest of 60 and shortest was 17. Drew's average is 11 yard/catch. Teddy's is 11.3 yard/catch.

Forgive me for saying this but that is why a QB that can and does run and with a strong accurate arm is such a threat and why a QB that can not and does not run and does not throw 60 yards is not such a threat.

Edit sorry for the thread hijack,

Last edited:
He is definitely of the same mold (hopefully just on the the field as Tyreek is a terrible human being).
Deonte is electric. Love watching him and hope he can be integrated into the offense.

Anyone with his speed can get wide open on a crossing route. And I’m sure he could make something happen after the catch.

If you watch the play and count out every 5 yards as he's running full speed, then when he slows down keep counting the 5 yard pace until the ball comes down, the ball should have been thrown to the goal line in order to appropriately lead him. He is a fast, fast man.

When the ball was thrown Harris was at the 30 yard line. He threw the ball like 60 yards to where he knew Harris could get under it. Sure, 5 more yards in 20/20 hindsight would have been perfect but what if flew 6 more yards was 1 yard to far for Harris. Hitting a receiver in full stride at 60 plus yards is maybe trying to thread the needle a bit too closely.

It was a well executed play and for some reason you seem to need to nit pick and find a flaw. In no universe was that a bad pass.

When the ball was thrown Harris was at the 30 yard line. He threw the ball like 60 yards to where he knew Harris could get under it. Sure, 5 more yards in 20/20 hindsight would have been perfect but what if flew 6 more yards was 1 yard to far for Harris. Hitting a receiver in full stride at 60 plus yards is maybe trying to thread the needle a bit too closely.

It was a well executed play and for some reason you seem to need to nit pick and find a flaw. In no universe was that a bad pass.

The ball floated and was in danger of being batted away, if not intercepted.

? ? ? ?

Harris had 10 yards of separation on the DB when the ball was thrown and when he caught it it was contested by the same DB.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to watch more football.

I think he’s too small to hold up if he were featured for more than 5 plays or so a game... he could be a very effective decoy if his blocking was enough. He is true water bug with the ball in his hands though.

He's got elite vision. It's what makes him such a great return man. With his burst and vision, we may actually be able to run a successful WR screen. And he's shown he can get around the edge with every jet sweep he had this year. TLL would always get stopped for a loss. He's exactly what we tried to make TLL but is actually successful at it. From UDFA to All Pro in his rookie season. He's definitely got potential to do work in the offense.
I agree. Probably will see him a lot more in the offense next year once he learns the offense. Not exactly an easy offense to learn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom