Can Easton be a full-time guard next year? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm guessing Peat will not be resigned. I think MIN exposed a major weakness for DB with that inside pressure and I hope we have an answer for it next season.

Also, did anyone notice if we made any gameplan changes against MIN as the game went on re: pass protection? ie: RBs chipping and/or staying in to block.

He was better than Peat. He did give up a sack in the Minn game that looked awful but he was out at that Jumbo TE position. In 2 of our losses this year Peat was terrible. He was the one Aaron Donald beat to screw up Brees’thumb and he constantly allowed pressure up the middle against Atlanta when Drew was sacked 6 times

He could but in the long run can he block griffin and hunter

I don’t understand why our coaches kept trying to make Peat happen -especially in the WC game. When Peat went out and Easton came in for a few plays, our Oline play improved significantly. The stubbornness in letting Peat back in to play contributed to that loss.

Actually it was Omameh that filled in for Peat on the drive he was out and we drove down the field and scored.

I think Eason played very well in the games Peat missed and it still baffles me why Payton didn’t pull Peat in or after the 1st quarter when the defense was specifically lining Griffin over Peat and getting pressure up the middle.

Omameh also played well this year at both guard and LT. He is a FA and should definitely be re-signed. With Armstead missing games every year, we need a solid back up LT and if we let Peat go Omameh is a must sign.

Clapp did ok and hopefully will continue to get better. He played mostly as the 6th man on heavy run downs and did play Guard some. He wasn’t bad and wasn’t great but he is still young.

Tom was on IR and is a FA. He’s still young also and I have no clue what we are going to do with him.

There’s also Ethan Greenwich (sp) who can play both guard and tackle but was ineligible all season and didn’t play.

I think we still draft a Lineman later on and probably bring in a bunch of UDFA’s also.

Easton is definitely serviceable. He has a pretty affordable contract for a starting LG. He looked better than Peat. Not sure that we can do better with a mid-to-late round guard prospect. It makes a bunch of sense to plan on having him as our starting LG next year and also get get a guard prospect and hope that there's good competition between the two. Warford's contract is also up after 2020.

If not Easton, then it's going to have to be someone other than Peat. He is a revolving door, that is, when he can even get on the field. He can't even stay in shape with getting injured so frequently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom