Can everyone apologize to Mike now? He’s having surgery for a nasty injury (1 Viewer)

There is an obvious void on leadership on the offensive side right now. Mike is the person to take this responsibility. But he has to learn to handle leadership on the right way.

He will learn to motivate people the right way.

But I thought he was just going through the motions and wasn't on speaking terms with Drew Brees?

You mean to tell me people in this forum run their mouths about subjects on which they have no clue?

Bro, Mike Thomas missed Mark Ingram too much and forgot how to run routes.

You know, looking back, you can see how several things pointed to us not going the distance yet again. His high ankle sprain was the first because those are always lingering.

Second was losing to GB, third was Drew breaking half the ribs in his body. Still, it was a fun season. Kind of got blinded by sweeping not only Tampa Bay (Gawd, I hope this is not a repeat of our 2003 sweep of the Bucs) but the whole division and advancing to No. 2 seed.

Get well, Mike, and we'll see CGM next season!

Seriously. With all that went wrong it's a wonder that we did as well as we did.

Man Every player is putting their body on the line for themselves and for the game. That’s not the issue... It just seems like mike puts himself above the team when he tweets and starts stuff online. He has the contract, he has the stats, he has pretty much everything but a ring. I guess i would just like to see him take on more of a leadership role and keep things that may be going on internally in house. I dont tweet or really follow anyone on twitter but just a quick glance at his page, you get the sense he is unhappy or wants out. Maybe I’m just misinterpreting him.

It's amazing that Twitter holds so much weight to you. You don't tweet, yet you go to this man's page to criticize and critique his post...then analyze and put your 2 and 2 together and then conclude that Twitter is the problem! I Get It!!! A person can tweet whatever they choose to...Everything on Twitter isn't real!

Man Every player is putting their body on the line for themselves and for the game. That’s not the issue... It just seems like mike puts himself above the team when he tweets and starts stuff online. He has the contract, he has the stats, he has pretty much everything but a ring. I guess i would just like to see him take on more of a leadership role and keep things that may be going on internally in house. I dont tweet or really follow anyone on twitter but just a quick glance at his page, you get the sense he is unhappy or wants out. Maybe I’m just misinterpreting him.
Way off

Exactly. Every time people wanna get mad and bring the pitchforks out, turns out the player was putting their body on the line for everyone else. I really hate the sense of entitlement and nerve some “fans” have

I totally agree. It's like there is a whole contingent of fans that like to act like the paid actors that many of them watch....or something....

10 years ago Payton would probably not put up with his players popping off on twitter like mike does. I’m sure it irks him too. He’s too good of a player.

Payton...you mean the coach who pops off on Twitter?! Oh, okay.

These hot takes get more trash by the page.

Payton...you mean the coach who pops off on Twitter?! Oh, okay.

These hot takes get more trash by the page.

10 years ago Payton didn't have a twitter account. You missed the point and clearly didn’t follow the dynamics of the team until recently. When twitter first came out, no player on the roster would think of posting anything cryptic or anything that could have been perceived in a negative light. It was a way different culture. I’m not making a judgement either way. I’m just saying this would not fly with Sean Payton in the Super Bowl era meaning 2006-2010...

Saying our highest paid player should act more like a leader is a terrible take? I know he was playing hurt. I give him a ton of respect for that. That is not the issue. I just wish he’d cut the twitter stuff out. That is something he can control.
Man stop trying to police these players you don’t have to read his twitter bro

I’m not, the man can do what he wants. People handle things differently. Maybe I’m just a fossil but social media posts tend to do more harm than good. I don’t get it, but hey i don’t have to. Just my opinion. Stop policing me bro.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom