Can everyone apologize to Mike now? He’s having surgery for a nasty injury (1 Viewer)

10 years ago Payton didn't have a twitter account. You missed the point and clearly didn’t follow the dynamics of the team until recently. When twitter first came out, no player on the roster would think of posting anything cryptic or anything that could have been perceived in a negative light. It was a way different culture. I’m not making a judgement either way. I’m just saying this would not fly with Sean Payton in the Super Bowl era meaning 2006-2010...

Just because you have an opinion does not make your perspective superior. Not that it’s your business, but I have followed the ins and outs of this team since Eric Martin was the best we could offer on offense.

Coach has evolved because pro football and the men who play it have. That “get off my lawn“ approach runs thin with today’s athlete. So you continuing to drive a point about what was serves no purpose, when the very coach you‘re using to buffer your point has conceded to players being themselves.

Furthermore, Twitter didn’t really blow up until around 2010. But you’d best believe had it been as popular then as now the Jeremy Shockey’s, Charles Grants, Mike McKenzie’s, etc. of the group would’ve been posting away. Payton has never clamped down on personalities. His main thing has always been to keep TEAM business in house. Typing lyrics is not team business.

At the end of the day, those players are not property. They are human. As long as the tweets aren’t racists, homophobic or promoting actual violence, there is no issue. Anyone who’s policing these grown men’s twitter feed activity can kick rocks.

Just because you have an opinion does not make your perspective superior. Not that it’s your business, but I have followed the ins and outs of this team since Eric Martin was the best we could offer on offense.

Coach has evolved because pro football and the men who play it have. That “get off my lawn“ approach runs thin with today’s athlete. So you continuing to drive a point about what was serves no purpose, when the very coach you‘re using to buffer your point has conceded to players being themselves.

Furthermore, Twitter didn’t really blow up until around 2010. But you’d best believe had it been as popular then as now the Jeremy Shockey’s, Charles Grants, Mike McKenzie’s, etc. of the group would’ve been posting away. Payton has never clamped down on personalities. His main thing has always been to keep TEAM business in house. Typing lyrics is not team business.

At the end of the day, those players are not property. They are human. As long as the tweets aren’t racists, homophobic or promoting actual violence, there is no issue. Anyone who’s policing these grown men’s twitter feed activity can kick rocks.

I’m not policing. Not treating him like property. That is honestly just an extremely weird take....Just wondering why he would tweet the 2 to 10 comment after a player who is at odds with an organization did the same thing after it hit the wire. Just seems weird. Hopefully it’s nothing and he comes back strong for the black and gold next year, but to say it didn’t put a question mark in my mind would be a lie.

Last edited:
This affects how I feel about Drew's performance. Without Thomas, or with Thomas's ghost, it's understandable that he would struggle.

I remember my first reaction when Thomas was injured oh so long ago was a cringe.

My first thought was that it was an injury that would bother him for the entire season and I didn't even know about the torn deltoid.

I mentioned it in a couple of threads and true to form more than a few people threw shade at me and asked what my medical credentials were. Go figure!!

There was nothing wrong with Thomas all season other than a HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN!!..........................you know............................the kind that takes months (sometimes in extreme cases requires surgical repair) NOT WEEKS to heal!!

This guy was a stud to be out there at all!!

Why do I need to say sorry? I never doubted his injury. A quick search in my post history would tell you that I've consistently said that he is playing hurt. He is injured. You don't get better from a high ankle sprain that quickly especially when you're playing on it. I knew that. We all knew that.

However, I did say that he is a valuable trade asset IF the right trade comes along. A player who cusses out his head coach, demands a trade from his current team, punches his teammate, calling out his QB in public by sub-tweeting is worth trading if the right trade comes along. A further quick search in my post history would also tell you that I am not actively looking for the Saints to trade the guy. ONLY if a trade is worth it, would I consider it.

So, why do I need to say sorry when I never doubted his injury?

Last edited:
Why do I need to say sorry? I never doubted his injury. A quick search in my post history would tell you that I've consistently said that he is playing hurt. He is injured. You don't get better from a high ankle sprain that quickly especially when you're playing on it. I knew that. We all knew that.

However, I did say that he is a valuable trade asset IF the right trade comes along. A player who cusses out his head coach, demands a trade from his current team, punches his teammate, calling out his QB in public by sub-tweeting is worth trading if the right trade comes along. A further quick search in my post history would also tell you that I am not actively looking for the Saints to trade the guy. ONLY if a trade is worth it, would I consider it.

So, why do I need to say sorry when I never doubted his injury?

💯 When you’re on the hunt for a new franchise qb , everybody is on the trade block. That’s just the business.

You would think after last year's belly-aching over Kamara losing his passion/heart for the game and this year's speculation over Thomas, people would learn to stop being so quick to rag on players. Especially players who have already proven who they are and are dealing with some sort of injury. Then again, people are stupid and I don't know that there's a fix for that.

• 1Like
Reactions: red
I remember my first reaction when Thomas was injured oh so long ago was a cringe.

My first thought was that it was an injury that would bother him for the entire season and I didn't even know about the torn deltoid.

I mentioned it in a couple of threads and true to form more than a few people threw shade at me and asked what my medical credentials were. Go figure!!

There was nothing wrong with Thomas all season other than a HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN!!..........................you know............................the kind that takes months (sometimes in extreme cases requires surgical repair) NOT WEEKS to heal!!

This guy was a stud to be out there at all!!
So you're the one!
👏

I remember a poster kept saying how troublesome this injury would be. You kept preaching it lol. Of course, we're all fans. And fans, in a Super Bowl or bust year, do not want to hear anyone say that the "bust" part is looking stronger because our best offensive player isn't going to be the same all season.

I remember going from worried but hopeful that he would just be out a month max, to being really worried he would never be the same again for 2020. And this much was apparent when we had to put him on IR in December. Still, I was hopeful the three week rest would have him at 75% for the playoffs and that with Kamara having an incredible year, we wouldn't need MT to be 100%.

But yeah, you called it. It is what it is now. Hopefully Mike uses these next 8 months to heal up and come back with a vengeance next season.

I don't buy it.
That MT has zero complaints or animosity or resentment or whatever you want to call it towards CSP or Brees, or anyone else he was rumored to be at odds with.
There was too much smoke out there to dismiss it completely out of hand that MT was dealing with some personal issue(s).
I hope I'm wrong, and that the dude is madly in love with everyone in the Saints organization.
It's not about being right or wrong.
Shoot - if I am corrected, then I now know the truth, and I LOOVE the truth.
But come on now - y'all don't believe that every piece of evidence presented regarding MT's negative mindset was false, do ya?
I don't.
But again - I hope I'm wrong.
And the main reason I am putting so much time into this reply is because the dumb Saints are out of the playoffs ... ☹ 😥

I do believe he was seriously injured.
I'm not doubting that ... too much ...

Last edited:
I think MT overall handled things well. He obviously hated being called slant boy. Or a guy that just runs a few of the same dink dunk routes.

But never once did he say why. You think Drew could hit him on a slick down the field double move? Or a deep post? Or a go route? I think that happened once (Rams regular season game in 2018).

You would think after last year's belly-aching over Kamara losing his passion/heart for the game and this year's speculation over Thomas, people would learn to stop being so quick to rag on players. Especially players who have already proven who they are and are dealing with some sort of injury. Then again, people are stupid and I don't know that there's a fix for that.
I keep seeing this, and it confuses me. Who is/was upset that the man was/is hurt?

People are upset at how he handled the situation with CGJ, and the coaches. Telling Payton to f himself, then all of the shade he’s been throwing on social media. I’m perplexed at how any of that has anything to do with the man being injured. Maybe I’ve missed the threads where fans are implying that he no longer has any ability, idk?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom