Can humanity advance to a society without war?? (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kO6qrtSTkew&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kO6qrtSTkew&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I know it sounds like a "imaginary" John Lennon dream....

but as we as a race evolve .. is it possible that our evolution will breed a more docile and intelligent society?? ..... the brutality of war just seems to prove the notion that we are no better than the animals in the wild.... I know it will not happen in my lifetime but I think that someday war will be removed from the world....

As long is there are religions, there will be war.

I think that the religions will dissipate as we evolve and become more intelligent.... not implying that religious people are not intelligent .. I am just saying in 10000 years we may not see the need for religions....

I think that the religions will dissipate as we evolve and become more intelligent.... not implying that religious people are not intelligent .. I am just saying in 10000 years we may not see the need for religions....

I really can't see us being around in 10,000 years.

We will have to find some way of stopping the transmission of values from parent to child. The values most people have today are pretty messed up.

As long is there are religions, there will be war.

If you get rid of religions, there will still be wore over land and resources. Conflict -- war -- is part of the human condition.

There will always be enough among us who are willing to use violence to get what they want to spoil it for everybody.

Plus, was is good for business.

I'll assume your stance of nuking Iraq has been altered a tad....

Ahhh .. you remember my posts well grasshopper... my stance is not altered... I am not one of the "evloved" ... but in the big picture I see war as it is today.... and how it might change in the future...

I've read more than a few Science Fiction books that predict...

Man, the most ruthless, bloodthirsty species the universe has ever seen, rapidly expanded throughout the galaxy in a wave of expansion and destruction never witnessed in galactic history. Then, man turned his attention to his neighbor's galaxy.

We will have to find some way of stopping the transmission of values from parent to child. The values most people have today are pretty messed up.

Only when humans pop out pre programmed will that ever happen. humans always find a way to emulate whats around them.

IMO though, Until we can all become like Vulcans, we will always have war, religion or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom