can i have some organic folks on here? (2 Viewers)

I tried giving up caffeine. I hated myself and everyone hated me too. So I go with good quality black coffee and green tea. I also love my garlic. I grow some of the meanest garlic around. It can literally peel the layers of flesh off your fingers. But, when I was having some issues and had a heart work up my doctor was amazed at my results, so I guess there must be something to it. I can it with vinegar and some of my hot peppers and garlic. After about 2 years the garlic aftertaste is gone and I eat it as a snack. I use it fresh in everything also.

I tried giving up caffeine. I hated myself and everyone hated me too. So I go with good quality black coffee and green tea. I also love my garlic. I grow some of the meanest garlic around. It can literally peel the layers of flesh off your fingers. But, when I was having some issues and had a heart work up my doctor was amazed at my results, so I guess there must be something to it. I can it with vinegar and some of my hot peppers and garlic. After about 2 years the garlic aftertaste is gone and I eat it as a snack. I use it fresh in everything also.

It takes two years?????

A greek store by me sells marinated garlic and we eat them as a snack they're so good.

I'm not organic but I'm a supplement nut. Maybe that needs it's on thread. Wonder how many other folks take large amounts of supplements. They literally changed my life. I get my blood checked regularly and my nutritionist tweaks my supplement regimen appropriately.

It takes two years?????

A greek store by me sells marinated garlic and we eat them as a snack they're so good.

No you can eat them immediately. Letting it sit changes the makeup of it and lets the other stuff i put in flavor it better. http://www.gourmetgarlicgardens.com/pickle.htm There is a long write up about the changes. It's a massive pro garlic site but if you get through the propaganda the science in it is true as far as I have been able to cross check.

I went to the Fresh Market today to try and buy all organic. Uh... $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I bought 2 bags of groceries, each half full, and spent 75 dollars.

Everything in there was over priced to the point of ridiculousness. The roast beef in the deli, for example, was 16.99 per lb!

I went to the Fresh Market excited and ready to eat healthy, and I left disappointed and headed for Wal-Mart.

I went to the Fresh Market today to try and buy all organic. Uh... $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I bought 2 bags of groceries, each half full, and spent 75 dollars.

Everything in there was over priced to the point of ridiculousness. The roast beef in the deli, for example, was 16.99 per lb!

I went to the Fresh Market excited and ready to eat healthy, and I left disappointed and headed for Wal-Mart.

Honestly if feel places like Whole Coods and Fresh Market are a racket. I'm not a fan of chemicals but I often wonder how clean the produce you buy at a specialty market really is. If you can hit up a local farmers market that would likely be better. I don't know a lot about how farms operate but when I worked in produce at Winn Dixie they used mainly produce from local farmers. Doesn't feel like people should stretch for organic labels but that's just me.

I thought we were over he whole "salt is bad for you" thing. Salt affects only a tiny fraction of people adversely. Low salt diets are actually worse for cardiovascular disease according to some recent studies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/o...the-truth-about-salt.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Change in season: Why salt doesn

etc etc etc

I generally don't worry about salt, as long as I'm adding it myself to food made from scratch.

I mainly try to avoid processed foods - that ***'ll kill 'ya.

i know many of you folks are busy..but just take a few minutes out of your time and read this. i hate to jump the gun..but i wonder if the chemicals in our foods that the majority of americana consumes has anything to do with this..especially our young people. the fda is failing if you ask me..the pharm companies love this ****..just like they do our high cancer rates..

Allergies on the rise in US kids, government study finds - Vitals

I have a couple of friends that think big agriculture and big pharmaceutical are conspiring to make up all a sicker more dependent nation. Sometimes I'm not completely sure they are wrong.

I have a couple of friends that think big agriculture and big pharmaceutical are conspiring to make up all a sicker more dependent nation. Sometimes I'm not completely sure they are wrong.

i'm on the same wave length brother.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom