Can Jammal Branch handle the job? (3 Viewers)

Where's Michael Bennet when you need him????

Bennett hasn't done much in KC, has he? I haven;t seen them play so I don't know. Haven't heard his name called much.

And he's a similar type back to Stecker and Bush, although probably more effective then either as an every down runner at this point.

We need more of the bowling ball/bruiser as the change of pace. Deuce, at his best, is a nice hybrid of power and speed.

I guess everyone has already given up on Reggie's abilities as a running back... :rolleyes:

If in fact Deuce misses time (has this idea even been noted by Deuce or any coach, or is everyone just going nuts over some radio report?), Stecker and Bush would be the guys we'd rely on. I don't see Branch coming into the picture any time soon at all. This is not to say that he cannot or would not be able to get the job done, but Stecker and Bush would be called upon way before the thought of activating Branch even entered Payton's mind imo.

About Reggie: He has shown flashes of what he can do as an inside runner. He's also shown what happens when he tries to take the edge so often and break it up field, resulting in a nice trip to the sideline for little to no gain. Once he becomes a more disciplined back and waits for holes instead of just outrunning the blocking scheme and bailing to the sideline, I believe he still can be productive as a running back. Stecker can hold his own as well...so these talks of Branch are pretty out there to me.

Coach has proven that he puts players in the game who he thinks can perform, just look at Colston. I have no reason to think Branch is better than Stecker considering obviously Coach does not. If he thought Branch was ready I'm sure he would have traded or released Stecker just as he did our former number 1 pick in Stallworth.

If you're going to trust Coach Payton........trust him! There's got to be a reason Branch hasn't broken through on this team...Looking at Coach Paytons personnel descisions thus far, I'm pretty comfortable letting him make the choice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom