Can Jammal Branch handle the job? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If Deuce somehow can't play do you think Jamaal Branch would be good enough to fit in? I know Deuce cannot be replaced but would we still be able to be effective?

He's not even on the active roster.... And Bush and Stecker would have 1st chance to pick up the loss....

Deuce isn't out yet, just a report of a possible injury.

i think steckar will play a bigger role if duece is not playing, they might call up branch for depth but not to "handle the job" plus we got reggie bush, so i, i dont think he will play that much.....

i think steckar will play a bigger role if duece is not playing, they might call up branch for depth but not to "handle the job" plus we got reggie bush, so i, i dont think he will play that much.....

I don't think there is enough juice without Deuce. Stecker and Bush are just too small, neither are every down backs.

Stecker is a serviceable role player and 3rd down guy. Reggie hasn't matured yet as a runner.

Branch is a preseason/camp star. There's a reason he's not on the active roster--he's not that great.

Hope we never need to find out.....Personally...I think the success we saw outta him during the preseason was due to him going up against the reserves...does he have potential...certainly...but as someone said earlier...there's a reason he's on the PS and not on the active roster...:9:

Branch is a preseason/camp star. There's a reason he's not on the active roster--he's not that great.

It might have something to do with Reggie Bush, Deuce and Stecker being on the roster in front of them.

Sincerely,
Michael Turner, Chester Taylor, Mike Bell, Willie Parker, Rudi Johnson, Ahman Green, Samkon Gado, Wali Lundy, Leon Washington, Mike Anderson and Rueben Droughns.

He's not even on the active roster.... And Bush and Stecker would have 1st chance to pick up the loss....

Deuce isn't out yet, just a report of a possible injury.

ill never understand the branch love feast that goes on sometimes. the guys not even on the ROSTER muchless pushing for pt.

If I was a backup to Deuce and Reggie Bush, I would be taking alot of notes. Branch might turn out to be something special, I just hope not any time soon; if you know what I'm hinting at.

exactly...everyone sees him running wild on 3rd-teamers in the preseason, and suddenly he's the next diamond in the rough running back...

every team in the leauge has a guy that looks really, really good in preseason that end up on their practice squad...

branch might become a good runner one day, but hopefully he won't have to break into the NFL this season...or anytime soon for that matter...

exactly...everyone sees him running wild on 3rd-teamers in the preseason, and suddenly he's the next diamond in the rough running back...

every team in the leauge has a guy that looks really, really good in preseason that end up on their practice squad...

branch might become a good runner one day, but hopefully he won't have to break into the NFL this season...or anytime soon for that matter...

Agreed, but keep this in mind. They say that about EVERY great running back that has been "found in the rough", so to speak, in the past few years...

I hope we don't find out because Deuce is great, but if we do, I'll remain confident till proven otherwise.

I have always thought that Aaron S is maybe the best #3 RB in the league if there is such a thing.

He is not by any means a #1 back but he can pick up yards when need be and be elusive enough to get 1st downs

Is Branch still with the team? I don't see him on the roster PS or regular.

I'm not completely sure about the Deuce situation but he is hurt..... That knee is giving him trouble, of course pain and swelling. Do you guys remember back to the last game when he only returned when Reggie was injured? Deuce has no ability to cut on the knee and this could pose a problem in the future. If Deuce is to go out this will be an entirely different team. I don't see Reggie doing much of anything in the running game so who knows what will happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom