Can Kinect read your credit card information? (1 Viewer)

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Well probably not at this point, but it seems that the technology may be not that far away. Microsoft has revealed that the days of manually entering codes are a thing of the past (for xbone users, at any rate), as you will just be able to scan a QR code with your Kinect (see The New Kinect Means You Won't Have To Enter Codes On A Control Pad). Xbone users will be able to activate their used games or jump right in with an online pass while PS4 users are still clicking for character after character.

Now, it doesn't seem a large stretch to move this to credit cards, and while I'm sure there are those of use that will say it's just another way to for the NSA to track us (like they don't have your credit card information already osur), I think it's a great way to pick up the tab when having a beer with your favorite politician. (Also, when wdf drops his wallet while playing just dance, a skilled Kinect user should be able to add drinks to his tab).

Some may say it's another intrusion into our (OMG!) privacy. I say revolutionary.

Discuss.

this is clearly an attempt by M$ to stick it to the hardcore elite...realgamerz love 25 character codes

OMJesus Microsoft, enough with the innovation already!!!! Just give gamers what they want. A retro system with retro cartridges and retro cables to plug into my retro TV. And I want black and white games, STOP FORCING COLORS ON ME!!!

Also, a typewriter peripheral.

OMJesus Microsoft, enough with the innovation already!!!! Just give gamers what they want. A retro system with retro cartridges and retro cables to plug into my retro TV. And I want black and white games, STOP FORCING COLORS ON ME!!!

Also, a typewriter peripheral.

:plus-un2:

But really guys, what about the people without credit/debit cards? I guess Microsoft is just gonna leave out a dollar bill slot. Again, good job alienating your customers Micro$oft.

God, I'm glad Sony is always there to save us from the big, bad, evil corporation.

I am having trust issues all over this new generation of consoles.

I might just start reading again.

To log in to Live you can just use a QR Code tattooed on your forehead.

qr-code-on-forehead.png

Right after the press conference Sony announced that they're going with Gaikai UPC tramp stamps for login to PSN+., but they didn't want to use the cc word.

ad-tatto-barcode.jpg

Did he finally finish Hop On Pop? I always thought that was a little dense for him.

Well probably not at this point, but it seems that the technology may be not that far away. Microsoft has revealed that the days of manually entering codes are a thing of the past (for xbone users, at any rate), as you will just be able to scan a QR code with your Kinect (see The New Kinect Means You Won't Have To Enter Codes On A Control Pad). Xbone users will be able to activate their used games or jump right in with an online pass while PS4 users are still clicking for character after character.

Now, it doesn't seem a large stretch to move this to credit cards, and while I'm sure there are those of use that will say it's just another way to for the NSA to track us (like they don't have your credit card information already osur), I think it's a great way to pick up the tab when having a beer with your favorite politician. (Also, when wdf drops his wallet while playing just dance, a skilled Kinect user should be able to add drinks to his tab).

Some may say it's another intrusion into our (OMG!) privacy. I say revolutionary.

Discuss.

I just have that feeling, it might be time to dust off the ole trusty PC and go back to that, gut it out and upgrade.

But then again, I just don't think it will make a huge difference.

I don't, and have never trusted M$. I dont know who they think is playing their consoles, but us gamers are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom