Can Landon Turner play left guard? (1 Viewer)

SaintsSupremacy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He seems to be really good as a guard especially for being an UDFA. Why not put him at left guard. Does he have the skill and talent to be a starter in the NFL?

He seems to be really good as a guard especially for being an UDFA. Why not put him at left guard. Does he have the skill and talent to be a starter in the NFL?

Yes I think the kid can play but I don't know if he can play left guard or not . I do know that in my opinion he is the best right guard we have at the moment and I love Zack Strief but it's time to put Peat over there and see what we have . I would like to see Armstead , Vet pick up trade or sign , Unger , Turner , Peat as the starters

A caller asked this on the Point After last night and Bobby said he's been playing ok for a 3rd stringer but he has been struggling in camp.

I agree, Turner is more of a RG and I think he may just need more seasoning but should be backing up the guard position alongside Kelemente because there is no telling when Peat is going to switch back to tackle to cover for a Armstead or Strief Injury.

It's interesting that Joseph Cheeks has been melt around despite injury or recovery as he may be a surprise addition to the 53 because the Saints are rebuilding and thinking long term and Cheeks along with Turner may be players they see possibly contributing in the future.

"It's interesting that Joseph Cheeks has been melt around despite injury or recovery as he may be a surprise addition to the 53 because the Saints are rebuilding and thinking long term and Cheeks along with Turner may be players they see possibly contributing in the future".

I can see this happening. I believe Joe Cheeks has played well at LT. Cheeks could be a player to develop for the future. Add Cheeks, Allen, and Turner to the list for development squad. In the meantime, Minnesota has talented and seasoned OL players who could be gotten by late round trade, or FA pick ups when released Tuesday. Minnesota cannot keep all that they have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom