Can Mike Mckenzie Play Safety (1 Viewer)

I wasn't saying you were the one who made the suggestion on moving David to safety, but it has been discussed on here.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52898&highlight=jason

There isn't any CB who has played his whole career at CB, who has successfully converted to safety.

That's not true. Off the top of my head, Dave Waymer played many years as a mediocre CB and then became a very good safety.

That being said, MM is a CB, he is not physical enough to play safety. Moreover, we need more help at CB than we do at safety, there would be no point in moving your best CB to safety when you have a huge hole at CB.

I'd agree with that due to him being selected to the pro bowl twice at both positions.

But like the guy above me said, it's very rare and that was my point.

No, you said there "isn't any CB who has played his whole career at CB, who has successfully converted to safety" and that is simply not true. Both Rod Woodson and Dave Waymer did it very succesfully.

I wasn't saying you were the one who made the suggestion on moving David to safety, but it has been discussed on here.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52898&highlight=jason

There isn't any CB who has played his whole career at CB, who has successfully converted to safety.

We don't need a CB at Safety we need a real Safety at Safety

First off, MM will still be a good CB, so I don't want to move him to safety. If he struggles, then...:dunno:

......................as for the comment in bold, Rod Woodson is a Hall of Fame player who was a great CB for years and then was a great Safety. So, I guess there's 1 and since you justed asked for one, I thought I'd give you the best example.

****I must have forgot to read page two****:covri:

IMO it would be a great idea if MM loses some of his speed and quickness because of his knee injury. Aeneas Williams and Troy Vincent are two that come to mind that made the switch to safety late in their careers and performed well.

No way this happens.

Not even a possibility.

You all can keep dreaming though

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom