Can Mike Mckenzie Play Safety (1 Viewer)

Didn't Ashley Ambrose and Ray Buchanan make that move? It put a few extra years onto their careers... as did Aneas Williams...

Rod Woodson disagrees.

A guy like that comes along every 10 years or so. BTW, he was going to be the Saints pick in 88' but the Stealers got to him before we did. We took ironhead as a second choice. He came from pitt.

Rod Woodson disagrees.

I'd agree with that due to him being selected to the pro bowl twice at both positions.

But like the guy above me said, it's very rare and that was my point.

MM isn't a Rod Woodson.

Edit:The rest of these dudes being named didn't convert 'successfully'.

Last edited:
my personal belief is that mm would be a probowl safety... he can cover, he can run support, he can lay the wood... and he's getting older... that coupled with potential lingering injury effects would make happy to see him try it out

Some other CB's who converted to safety, or play both...
Aeneas Williams
Jason Sehorn
Rod Woodson
Terrance Shaw.
Rashean Mathis
Shane Walton
Corey Chavous
Dwight Smith
Gary Baxter
Corey Harris
Antwan Harris
Kevin Kaesviharn
Mark Roman
Antuan Edwards
Bhawoh Jue
Ryan McNeil

Dwight Smith and Tavaris Jackson of the Bucs had successful transitions from CB to Safety. :) Mckenzie hits like a safety, great coverage skills. If he is a step slower due to his knee, I say give it a shot.

I think you are thinking of Tanard Jackson. He played cornerback at Syracuse, and then he went to the Bucs and became their starting safety. He had a pretty good year.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8vTi4H6qiQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8vTi4H6qiQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He is our best corner, and makes corner money, why move him to safety, we need corners bad.

Dwight Smith and Tavaris Jackson of the Bucs had successful transitions from CB to Safety. :) Mckenzie hits like a safety, great coverage skills. If he is a step slower due to his knee, I say give it a shot.

I think you are thinking of Tanard Jackson. He played cornerback at Syracuse, and then he went to the Bucs and became their starting safety. He had a pretty good year.

Um, yeah, Tavaris Jackson is the starting QB of the Minnesota Vikings...

He is our best corner, and makes corner money, why move him to safety, we need corners bad.
nobody's saying not to let him compete at corner, hell why not? what's this fascination with money, anyway? i've read the same thing as a problem for switching grant inside and brown to RT... they're making what they're making, that's all there is to it, so why not play them where they best help the team? that should be the discussion, how to improve the team, not "we can't play brown at RT, he makes LT money" or "mm makes CB money, we can't move him to safety"... bull

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom