Can Newton Injured (2 Viewers)

Dare we say his approach is.... revolutionary? (To be read in your best Austin Powers accent).

I'd say it's definitely a revolutionary approach to the position. Cam is able to keep defenses off balance because they don't know where the ball is going. The WRs don't even know where the ball is going so it creates this cycle of confusion.
hmm... pay to see Cam vs Uncle Rico in a camp QB challenge?

I'd absolutely pay to see that QB skills challenge. The thing about Uncle Rico is that the guy could flat out throw a football. I mean, he could throw from here to there. But his accuracy was up and down. It's a fairly even matchup on paper.

I'd say it's definitely a revolutionary approach to the position. Cam is able to keep defenses off balance because they don't know where the ball is going. The WRs don't even know where the ball is going so it creates this cycle of confusion.

I'd absolutely pay to see that QB skills challenge. The thing about Uncle Rico is that the guy could flat out throw a football. I mean, he could throw from here to there. But his accuracy was up and down. It's a fairly even matchup on paper.

would have to hold the competition in Colorado. YOu know for the mountain to over-throw and all? @Swimmer could video it for us. Would be an awesome video too, as long as we could see through all the smoke in his immediate vicinity.

You do realize that Tyson overcame a great deal of adversity to rise to a level never seen in modern boxing. He won fights before the were even in the ring, due to his sheer intimidating presence. I get what you're saying, but you may want to rethink your analogy.
Mike Tyson is a psychopath, but weak-hearted he is not.
Tyson refused to fight Foreman. He told Don King to go fight him, in his own special way ...

When that intimidating presence wasn't enough, he wasn't the same fighter. That's not just my opinion or some analogy I just made up. It's well documented. Kevin Rooney has talked about it. Teddy Atlas has talked about it. Due to an unimaginably bleak childhood, Tyson had a lot of emotional insecurities and despite his tremendous success he had self doubts. He talks about it at length in his book.

This is coming from someone who likes Tyson. I think he's one of the most interesting figures in sports history. He wasn't weak hearted but he was a front runner. When faced with adversity he wasn't able to rise to the occasion.
I loved Tyson the boxer but not so as Tyson the man. I know he has changed and I’m glad he did. With that being said my oldest son asked me once if I would get into the ring with Tyson for a million bucks. I told him that I would but only if there were no rules. When he asked why no rules I said because I wouldn’t let him hit me but I would try to slide between his legs and punch him in the nuts. I told him it didn’t matter how good he was but any man that hit in his nuts that hard wouldn’t be able to keep fighting.

I loved Tyson the boxer but not so as Tyson the man. I know he has changed and I’m glad he did. With that being said my oldest son asked me once if I would get into the ring with Tyson for a million bucks. I told him that I would but only if there were no rules. When he asked why no rules I said because I wouldn’t let him hit me but I would try to slide between his legs and punch him in the nuts. I told him it didn’t matter how good he was but any man that hit in his nuts that hard wouldn’t be able to keep fighting.

If there were no rules I'm pretty sure you'd be in even more trouble vs. Mike Tyson.

If there were no rules I'm pretty sure you'd be in even more trouble vs. Mike Tyson.
There’s no doubt about that. I only said that in a joking kind of way. If I had been given the chance I would be lost in the rain forrest until Tyson retired.

No rules? Tyson would your ears with a nice chianti and some fava beans.

Got to meet Tyson several times when I lived in Phoenix. He wasn't anything like the guy I saw on TV. Kind of a unique and funny guy. Of course that was around that time that he was partying like the patriot's safety Chung.

I like the current incarnation of Tyson. Im glad his weed farm is doing well. He seems to have found peace with his family
BTW: postgame coincidence? I think not...

Last edited:
Got to meet Tyson several times when I lived in Phoenix. He wasn't anything like the guy I saw on TV. Kind of a unique and funny guy. Of course that was around that time that he was partying like the patriot's safety Chung.
I’m glad to hear that about him. That had be nice to get to meet him and I’m a little jealous of that. You Tube has a great video of his best knockouts and I couldn’t help feeling sorry for some of those guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom