Can NFL Lockout still end on Thursday, July 21st as originally anticipated? (1 Viewer)

It's very possible that the NFL PA will call for a vote Thursday and the owners agree at their meeting the same day. That will leave the weekend (72hrs) for the teams to work out contracts for their own players(adjusting cap space by releasing/trading some players) and rookies then next week free agency will start with training camp a week or two away.

@SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter
ZERO. Even if there's a settlement ag'ment, work still wld need 2 b done b done b4 lockout is lifted RT @PhinsRock Odds lockout ends today?

Chester Pitts says the lockout won't end for "two full weeks"

UPDATE: Pitts is represented by Andrew Kessler, the son of Jeffrey Kessler. So it all makes sense now.

.Everybody is sick of these touch football players!!!!

Football will take a HUGE fan hit if this thing drags on much longer... let alone 2 full weeks.

The Players are starting to sound like they are trying to get out of playing a couple preseason games... not just being greedy with these last-minute demands.

chester pitts is kind of crawfishing on nfln now

edit: more saying that the 2 weeks is when he expects everything to be in place including contracts signed and everyone in camp
fwiw

The owners will get a deal done today. They'll vote to ratify and call it done.

Doesn't mean the players will follow suit today.

You can put me in that camp as well. I think the owners are going to vote it and walk away. The players... not so much. I love the new report on PFT about taking a full 2 weeks to re-certify a union that is some BS. Here is what I think it is the preseason is about 400 mill. The players want 350 mill in unpaid benefits. They are going to drag feet and do what ever they can to make it look like they won't vote hoping the owners will weigh the 350 mil payment vs. the lost 400 mill and cave to keep the 50 mill.

I also think you got some vets in there that are cool with whittling away camp/pre-season time because it is easier on their bodies and it keeps the younger talent from competing to take their jobs.

You can put me in that camp as well. I think the owners are going to vote it and walk away. The players... not so much. I love the new report on PFT about taking a full 2 weeks to re-certify a union that is some BS. Here is what I think it is the preseason is about 400 mill. The players want 350 mill in unpaid benefits. They are going to drag feet and do what ever they can to make it look like they won't vote hoping the owners will weigh the 350 mil payment vs. the lost 400 mill and cave to keep the 50 mill.

I also think you got some vets in there that are cool with whittling away camp/pre-season time because it is easier on their bodies and it keeps the younger talent from competing to take their jobs.

This makes a lot more sense than posters saying players are just trying to skip preseason games because theyre lazy.

This makes a lot more sense than posters saying players are just trying to skip preseason games because theyre lazy.

lets not say lazy lets say greedy and scared (think of all the drafted rookies and UDFA's out there just waiting to steal jobs)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom