Can Nnamdi get his groove back? (1 Viewer)

This guy worries me, as bad as he played in Philly the last 2 years.

Reminds me of when the Jets went to a 3-4 and suddenly Jon Vilma couldn't play LB anymore.

If was a completely different scheme for him. Sometimes guys aren't a good fit and their performance suffers.

Reminds me of when the Jets went to a 3-4 and suddenly Jon Vilma couldn't play LB anymore.

If was a completely different scheme for him. Sometimes guys aren't a good fit and their performance suffers.

But, back to Vilma (I know we are talking about Nnamdi) the Saints are going to a 3-4... the same defense he (Vilma) couldn't play with the Jets. Hmmm.

Change of scheme, change of coordinator. We witnessed it ourselves this year.

We know we have some players on defense. Did they all of a sudden forget how to play football? No. It's like saying Bunkley regressed this year. He was a force for that Broncos D-line. Change of scheme, change of coordinator...all of a sudden you're not the same player we saw on film. Nnamdi had an offensive coordinator calling the shots. Do the math. Does one of the best corners in football suddenly forget how to play? I don't think so.

We are the perfect fit for Nnamdi. Go back to Rob Ryan's defense where you made your mark. Resurrect your career, get a ring in the process...who dat

If we can move patrick robinson as the 3rd cb that would be fantastic

But, back to Vilma (I know we are talking about Nnamdi) the Saints are going to a 3-4... the same defense he (Vilma) couldn't play with the Jets. Hmmm.

Eric Mangini's 3-4 is different from Rob Ryan's. There's been numerous threads on this. In Rob Ryan's, Vilma won't be expected to take on a blocker on every play.

just so you know, vilma played really well in the jets 3-4. his statement about playing in a 3-4 was way overblown. he was good, he just preferred a 4-3 at the time.....he has since mentioned being excited about the switch to a 3-4 in new orleans

back on the topic of the thread tho.....

asomugha played press man in oakland. he played on one side of the field...guarding whomever was on the outside on his side of the field

he wasnt like revis or many of the other top flight corners that just followed the #1 receiver whereever they lined up.

asomugha is a very talented corner and under rob ryan, who coached him in oakland, he should revitalize his career in new orleans assuming he is signed

I know exactly where you're going with that... but there are a couple "flavors" of 3-4, and the 3-4 that mangini played isn't the same as the one we'll play.

JV will be covered-up by a DT in front of him in our scheme whereas the OG had a free shot at him in mangini's.

There are a few threads that go into detail about how Ryan will use him... Sean Payton also did an interview a while back where he explained how we'll use him.

He's only 31. It's very unlikely that he's hit a wall at that age. Yeah, it's not young, but it's not old either for a DB. Good CB's routinely play into their mid-30's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom