Can Shockey catch a ball without falling down? (1 Viewer)

Saintuary

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No one can be happier than me to see Shock on the field. However, it seems that he goes down pronto after most catches. I wonder if he's trying to protect his ankles. Wonder what his yac is

Everyone was falling down on that field yesterday. Reggie was slipping, Devery was dropping passes partly due to slipping, Brees tripped himself up a couple times, and Shockey seemed to be having the most trouble with footing. Maybe it's just me, but that's how it appeared.

No one can be happier than me to see Shock on the field. However, it seems that he goes down pronto after most catches. I wonder if he's trying to protect his ankles. Wonder what his yac is

Link?

Shock has been money on the crossing routes... he had a nice one in the Lions game and another one yesterday... I think you're read is wrong here.

:idunno:

Some people will just never be happy and admit that the acquisition of Shockey was a good one...

I noticed that also.
It looked like we had the wrong cleats on for the field conditions, given the way everyone kept slipping and sliding out there. Remember how far Drew slid out of bounds?
Slick/wet field, that's my guess.

I think Jeremy understands in the latter stage of his career, the importance of longevity in the league. He is merely protecting himself and I for one am all for it as long as he catches the ball.

The place where most defenders hit him is low - trying to take his legs from under him along with everything else.

I think Jeremy understands in the latter stage of his career, the importance of longevity in the league. He is merely protecting himself and I for one am all for it as long as he catches the ball.

The place where most defenders hit him is low - trying to take his legs from under him along with everything else.

I think the same. In the past J Shock was known to run rampant, I'm glad he's considering longevity with us.

Shockey was the leading receiver yesterday with 6 catches and 48 yards. Some people are never happy.

He is always double or tripled covered when he catches a ball. So he's usually hit right when he catches the ball or once yesterday his momentum took him OOB. If he's wide open, he'll go for YAC.

A lot of the time he's falling going for the ball. :idunno:

Everyone was falling down on that field yesterday. Reggie was slipping, Devery was dropping passes partly due to slipping, Brees tripped himself up a couple times, and Shockey seemed to be having the most trouble with footing. Maybe it's just me, but that's how it appeared.

IIRC, the only drop was from Shockey. The one time I saw Brees trip, he caught Heath Evans' foot as he went into his pattern.

he lead the team with 6 catches vs the bills!!!whats the problem..saints are 3-0 go find something else to complain about,oh thats right you cant! the Saints are 3-0

Devery was dropping passes partly due to slipping.

You mean that super low jump pass Brees threw? Very difficult pass to catch. I wouldn't really lay that on Devery, and I saw no other passes thrown his way that he didn't catch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom