Saints Can someone else catch the ball? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know CGM gets his, Cook was good, Ginn finally made some catches and AK41 had a great day........did TQS do anything? I wasn't able to watch the whole game but, from the highlights I didn't see anybody but those first guys. Where is TQS production? Do you think the Saints are waiting to see what Kirkwood could bring? Because he should be ready of the IR list because he waited the length of time required. 10 games in and I'm wondering if this is what's it's gone be with the WR core. Could they be waiting on Dez to see what he's got? Hmmm

I know CGM gets his, Cook was good, Ginn finally made some catches and AK41 had a great day........did TQS do anything? I wasn't able to watch the whole game but, from the highlights I didn't see anybody but those first guys. Where is TQS production? Do you think the Saints are waiting to see what Kirkwood could bring? Because he should be ready of the IR list because he waited the length of time required. 10 games in and I'm wondering if this is what's it's gone be with the WR core. Could they be waiting on Dez to see what he's got? Hmmm

So winning is still not good enough is it?

No one is coming in off the Street to meaningfully change things.

Kirkwood might add a sprinkle of catches if he can get back in a groove but he's not especially a deep threat either. What I think we are all looking for is more of the intermediate chunk plays that have gone away and that is something maybe Kirkwood could add.

But right now for whatever reason we aren't pulling the trigger on those.

If teams aren't stopping Mike and Alvin, why do the Saints need to spend five attempts throwing at TQS so he can catch 3 of them? We're going to be looking for those guys and unless it isn't working, there's really no reason to go away from it. They're stud football players.

Drew was 28/35 and the Saints were over 53% on third-down (DAL leads the league at 52%). I think we're playing to win these games and we have two of the league's very best play-makers - the offense is going to go on their backs. I trust in Sean and Drew to be able to navigate through the unlikely event that a team can render Mike and Alvin ineffective.

Last edited:
his name is #CantGuardMike for a reason. Would you rather have 2 WR with 50 catches each or one WR with 100 catches?? Doesn't matter to me. I keep hearing people say, what if they shut MT down? Easier said than done... But I have no doubt that if MT gets contained, Drew will make them pay other ways...

If teams aren't stopping Mike and Alvin, why do the Saints need to spend five attempts throwing at TQS so he can catch 3 of them? We're going to be looking for those guys and unless it isn't working, there's really no reason to go away from it. They're stud football players.

Drew was 28/35 and the Saints were over 53% on third-down (DAL leads the league at 52%). I think we're playing to win these games and we have two of the league's very best play-makers - the offense is going to go on their backs. I trust in Sean and Drew to be able to navigate through the unlikely event that a team can render Mike and Alvin ineffective.
Cook looks to be coming too.

I thought TQS would start to show up at this point in the season. Unfortunately, he doesn’t seem to have a grasp of the offense. On multiple plays yesterday, Brees and other players had to “move” him because he was lined up in the wrong place. On one play, I think Brees had to move him 3 times. There were a couple of other plays where he seemed lost, when he should have been blocking for the ball carrier.

Haha, yeah, I remember after the AZ game Drew even admitted on the INT to a double covered Zach Line that MT13 was open. If your pro bowl WR is open and your dynamic RB is open, throw it to 'em. If this were the early 00s and you were on a basketball team with Kobe & Shaq, would you have problems passing them the ball if they were open?

TQS did show me something last week with that catch when he got absolutely rocked vs. ATL. Ginn was open for a long 1st down conversion vs. TB and Brees underthrew it (I'm not looking to re-litigate that play which is still being fought about, but...Ginn did his job there).

I think perhaps our default assumption is that since the one Super Bowl team in our franchise history was one where 7 guys caught 35 or more passes that in order to win it all we need to have that level of balance. I don't think that's the case.

Do you expect him NOT to throw it to MT if he's open?
MT is wide open, why wouldn't he throw the ball to him?

Do you expect him NOT to throw it to MT if he's open?
MT is wide open, why wouldn't he throw the ball to him?
That's true. But I would say it is beneficial for guys behind Thomas to step up and get open. Thomas is not going to be open 100 percent of the time. And there will be games where he will be double team. Look at our greatest offensive years of 2009-2011. There were a good number of receivers having huge games. And look how the Eagles game last year when Kirkwood and Smith were getting involved. It will be huge down the road if those guys can get some production.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom