Can someone list next year free agents? (1 Viewer)

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I searched and didn’t see one.
kamara
Lattimore
Taysum
Von bell
Apple
Omy
Is teddy and drew?

Thanks - Sid

That’s grim to look at. Knowing the saints can’t keep them all.

Lattimore for 2 more years if they pick up his 5th year option. Alvin one more year after this one.

I searched and didn’t see one.
kamara
Lattimore
Taysum
Von bell
Apple
Omy
Is teddy and drew?

Thanks - Sid

Kamara isn’t a free agent until 2021 (and we will lock him up before then).

Lattimore has two years left including this one *plus* the Saints have the 5th year option if they choose.

Both Teddy and Drew are FA's. That's going to be the biggest decision. Brees will probably make that decision one way or the other.

I have a bad feeling we're going to have to pick between Kamara and Lattimore one day.

UFA:
Drew Brees
Teddy Bridgewater
Dwayne Washington
Zach Line
Ted Ginn, Jr.
Andrus Peat
Patrick Omameh
David Onyemata
Stephone Anthony
Ray-Ray Armstrong
A.J. Klein
Josh Martin
Eli Apple
Ken Crawley
P.J. Williams
Vonn Bell

RFA:
Taysom Hill
Austin Carr
Cameron Tom
Justin Hardee
Zach Wood

ERFA:
Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Keith Kirkwood
Colton Jumper
J.T. Gray

Looks like we're going to have around $23 million in cap space before any of these guys are brought back. We can free up almost another $20 million if we cut Cook, Alonso, Robinson, and Easton. Rankins is a prime candidate for an extension, which would save another few million. The same could be said for Davis, and possibly Warford as well. Long story short, we can easily get to nearly $50 million in room, before re-signing anyone, without causing any real harm to the roster.

Last edited:
UFA:
Drew Brees
Teddy Bridgewater
Dwayne Washington
Zach Line
Ted Ginn, Jr.
Andrus Peat
Patrick Omameh
David Onyemata
Stephone Anthony
Ray-Ray Armstrong
A.J. Klein
Josh Martin
Eli Apple
Ken Crawley
P.J. Williams
Vonn Bell

RFA:
Taysom Hill
Austin Carr
Cameron Tom
Justin Hardee
Zach Wood

ERFA:
Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Keith Kirkwood
Colton Jumper
J.T. Gray

Looks like we're going to have around $23 million in cap space before any of these guys are brought back. We can free up almost another $20 million if we cut Cook, Alonso, Robinson, and Easton. Rankins is a prime candidate for an extension, which would save another few million. The same could be said for Davis, and possibly Warford as well. Long story short, we can easily get to nearly $50 million in room, before re-signing anyone, without causing any real harm to the roster.

Also I think the 23 million is based on the current cap (it will go up) and we have about 4 million this year that will carry over if we don’t have a rash of injuries and have to sign a bunch of guys.

We have an insane amount of cap room. We can keep them all, but I don't think they are all free agents. I think Kamara and Lattimore still have one more year on their deals.

Far from an insane cap space next year when you consider the number and caliper of players that will be free agents. At best it looks like about 22-23 million. If Drew decides to play again next year which I think is likely he will cost around 25 mil which Loomis will tack on a couple of fake years to lower it to about 10-12 mil. Add in Bridgewater for another 6-7 mil cap hit using some more fake years 3/4's of the cap space is gone.

Far from an insane cap space next year when you consider the number and caliper of players that will be free agents. At best it looks like about 22-23 million. If Drew decides to play again next year which I think is likely he will cost around 25 mil which Loomis will tack on a couple of fake years to lower it to about 10-12 mil. Add in Bridgewater for another 6-7 mil cap hit using some more fake years 3/4's of the cap space is gone.

Yeah, I thought we had significantly more than that.

I don’t think we can keep Drew and Teddy. Mr. Bridgewater is playing himself into a 15-20 million per year deal. We can’t pay that for a backup and I don’t think he’ll take half the money to backup Drew again. If Drew decides to come back I think Teddy will be starting somewhere else next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom