Can someone please explain PT situation to me? (1 Viewer)

stecker has reached his potential, Pierre maybe not, but stecker must know the offense better and coach feels more comfortable with him.

Can't wait till this year, a full season in the conditioning program, plus a full year in this offense, he should be even better! I hope Duece comes back, but if he doesn't Pt should be ready this year to step up!

I haven't locked in on this being the reason, but my knee jerk reason for Stecker starting over PT is the pass protection that Stecker is a veteran at providing and PT hasn't master yet.

In the Bears game I thought Pierre picked up blitzes very well. There was one occasion he completely took out a LB might have been Urlacher. He wasn't amazing at it but he was solid.

I'm not saying there is some sort of conspiracy... just saying he seems to be a better back than Stecker. I was confused why they didn't play him more... but if he indeed did have problems with certain things then thats probably why and I thank you for pointing it out. I don't believe in conspiracies though.

He played in more than one game... every game he did play in he did great I recall.

He played mainly special teams all year, he had a total of 52 carries I believe, he wasnt even a small part of the offense, no way has he shown enough to warrant the kinda hype he has been getting on this board...not bashing him, I think he showed he is capable of contributing to this offense.

he is a guy who had about 1 good nfl game who most saints fans think he can now start.

he was solid to good in every game. he has ONE good game as a STARTER. but fifteen others as a backup/roleplayer/STeamer

he was solid to good in every game. he has ONE good game as a STARTER. but fifteen others as a backup/roleplayer/STeamer

Well he had a bad stretch in the last Caroline game where he had 12 rushes with a YPC down in the 2's. All the other games he never had over 2-3 rushes per. People like to say "well they put 8 men in the box on him"....well welcome to NFL. Teams are going to be doing that every week. The Bears were 24th in rushing defense last year also.

I realize PT is one of those players that if you say anything negative about you'll get flamed with a blowtorch, so take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Well he had a bad run in the last Caroline game where he had 12 rushes with a YPC down in the 2's. All the other games he never had over 2-3 rushes per. People like to say "well they put 8 men in the box on him"....well welcome to NFL. Teams are going to be doing that every week. The Bears were 24th in rushing defense last year also.

I realize PT is one of those players that if you say anything negative about you'll get flamed with a blowtorch, so take it or leave it.

i wouldnt go that far and i think its everyones decision to critizise PT.
what i personally like about him in comparison with reggie , was his north and south running. one cut and then through the hole.... this is nfl-ready running , good things for coaches to build on. reggie is still learning the one-cut running and he has to , because otherwise he will never be what some thought he have to be. i would have a sick feeling in my stomach when we spent a 2nd overall for a 3rd down/receiving back only.

i wouldnt go that far and i think its everyones decision to critizise PT.
what i personally like about him in comparison with reggie , was his north and south running. one cut and then through the hole.... this is nfl-ready running , good things for coaches to build on. reggie is still learning the one-cut running and he has to , because otherwise he will never be what some thought he have to be. i would have a sick feeling in my stomach when we spent a 2nd overall for a 3rd down/receiving back only.

Reggie doesn't need to be cutting at all on the majority of his runs. I wish we'd run him right up the gut like Atlanta did Dunn. He can shoot up the seam for 8-10 yards. Up the middle is the only place Reggie has posted an above average YPC but we keep stretching him out on toss plays or off tackle the majority of the time. This is the NFL. Those kinds of runs just don't work consistently with the speed of NFL defenses, no matter how fast the RB is.

Well he had a bad stretch in the last Caroline game where he had 12 rushes with a YPC down in the 2's. All the other games he never had over 2-3 rushes per. People like to say "well they put 8 men in the box on him"....well welcome to NFL. Teams are going to be doing that every week. The Bears were 24th in rushing defense last year also.

Thank you!!

PT is not a bad player, just seem a bit much crowning him after one game....specially when he didnt get much of an opportunity in the previous 15 and the one game he did (before the chicago game) he was just as bad as Duece, Reggie and Steck had been (when it comes to ypc)

Reggie doesn't need to be cutting at all on the majority of his runs. I wish we'd run him right up the gut like Atlanta did Dunn. He can shoot up the seam for 8-10 yards. Up the middle is the only place Reggie has posted an above average YPC but we keep stretching him out on toss plays or off tackle the majority of the time. This is the NFL. Those kinds of runs just don't work consistently with the speed of NFL defenses, no matter how fast the RB is.

i'm sure this has been answered before, why don't the coaches make him run up the middle? why after bouncing to outside, dancing, and losing yards do the coaches allow him to continue doing that?

i'm sure this has been answered before, why don't the coaches make him run up the middle? why after bouncing to outside, dancing, and losing yards do the coaches allow him to continue doing that?

I am going to guess that the answer is similiar to people thinking the coaches asked Will Smith to gain weight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom