Can someone post a link to the Bednarik hit on FRank Gifford {merged} (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Because everytime I see that hit its like watching the utlimate put down and [MOD EDIT :nono: - PROFANE] sign in NFL history.It has to be the worse hit on any human being ever in the history of the NFL.

Because everytime I see that hit its like watching the utlimate put down and [MOD EDIT :nono: - PROFANE] sign in NFL history.It has to be the worse hit on any human being ever in the history of the NFL.

Bednarik claims he wasnt gloating over Giffords "dead" body, but rather celebrating the fact that the fumble sealed the win for Phillly. I can see how the camera angle could in fact be exaggerating the gloating appearance.

Either way, its one of football's most dramatic pics ever. I hated Bednarik the 1st time I saw it. Then later I read an article about his really hard-scrabble, blue-collar like life, with some quotes from his own kids, who apparently really loved him. It changed my perspective. I dont believe Gifford ever forgave him. There's a funny story about how Kathie Lee was dating Gifford, (I dont think she wasnt even born yet when this pic was taken) and she asked "who is Bednarik?" Cute.

Last edited by a moderator:
(ns) the Bednarik image for whoever was looking for it

Yeah since I have no clue why that other thread was completely deleted I figured I'd start a new thread to get you that image...

There's probably a youtube, but I can't view youtube from here... so here's an ebay image of the pose he was doing, and since the mods don't like the image of the autographed picture (veiled profanity or whatever the excuse is) - here's the non autographed picture without any veiled profanity.

3f_1_b.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom