Can Taysom Hill Ease Your Anxiety About Him With A Couple Of Wins And Good Games? (1 Viewer)

The fact that the vast majority of SR forum members seem to think they know better than a hall of fame HC in Payton speaks volumes. Therapists in Nola could make a killing on this site. In 2019 SP clearly thougth Teddy was ahead of Taysom and he was right. This year SP evaluates Tayson ahead of Jamies and I trust our coach

The better question is which QB is better in 2020 Teddy or Taysom??? As both could have become heirs to Brees.
Although that did not settle the debate if you recall. Teddy was the #2 and went 4-0 but a lot of posters said that they were not impressed or the wins were a byproduct of the defense. I don't see that changing this year.

The fact that the vast majority of SR forum members seem to think they know better than a hall of fame HC in Payton speaks volumes. Therapists in Nola could make a killing on this site. In 2019 SP clearly thougth Teddy was ahead of Taysom and he was right. This year SP evaluates Tayson ahead of Jamies and I trust our coach

The better question is which QB is better in 2020 Teddy or Taysom??? As both could have become heirs to Brees.
I disagree with the "vast majority" part of this. Most of the people here seem to be in wait and see mode. Others have an agenda that they're going to push no matter what. And they're going to try force it down the throat of this forum, and will ridicule and attack anyone who tries to express a different stance. The reason it seems that the whole board is like that is that they're relentless and will never back down or concede even the tiniest point. They're more concerned with winning the argument than they are with intelligent discourse.

I disagree with the "vast majority" part of this. Most of the people here seem to be in wait and see mode. Others have an agenda that they're going to push no matter what. And they're going to try force it down the throat of this forum, and will ridicule and attack anyone who tries to express a different stance. The reason it seems that the whole board is like that is that they're relentless and will never back down or concede even the tiniest point. They're more concerned with winning the argument than they are with intelligent discourse.

We tend to hold on to our first impressions for a really long time and it takes a lot to change those perceptions. Confirmation bias and all.

I don’t think anyone’s position has changed on Taysom. Those of us who thought he could be a top-notch QB look at the positives from these two games (efficiency vs ATL and his rushing), and those of us who think he has no chance look at the negatives (under thrown deep balls vs ATL and sketchy accuracy vs DEN) more intensely than the opposite side.

for the pro-Taysom people, it will take several really bad performances to relent their position. For anti-Taysom folks, he’s gonna have to go on an absolute tear.

I’m in the camp of “either of these things could absolutely happen and I still have no idea what his capabilities are”. I just hope we can continue dominating, whether that involves Taysom tearing it up or not. Still have that excitement for the game tomorrow as if it’s his first start- just eager to see what he does.

I think some might incorrectly assume that I don't think Taysom can succeed. Nothing is further from the truth. My confidence in his play so far is a tad bit fragile, but nothing would make me happier than to see him completely light up Atlanta's defense today. Go get em TH:0056::0056:

He could change his mind about tryna be a QB & go run a route or 2. But I doubt that'll happen so...

How bout quit birddogging MT maybe? Our other WRs are starving. I can only imagine the lecturing he got from Sanders this past wk

Get the ball to AK on a simple screen @least 1nce damnit!!!!!

Quit throwing lazers all the time

Familiarize himself with the play clock(being Drew's so-called understudy, I don't get why this is even a problem)

Better ball security. A "QB" with small hands should consider this as of upmost importance

And last but definitely not least, I'm gonna need him to look the part & know what the hell he's doing after 3-4 yrs "in the system"

Last edited:
To answer the question in the title of the OP, are you kidding??? It takes Brees at least a couple of wins and good games before people's anxiety eases after he has a bad game. Haha. Case in point, earlier this season.

He could change his mind about tryna be a QB & go run a route or 2. But I doubt that'll happen so...

How bout quit birddogging MT maybe? Our other WRs are starving. I can only imagine the lecturing he got from Sanders this past wk

Get the ball to AK on a simple screen @least 1nce damnit!!!!!

Quit throwing lazers all the time

Familiarize himself with the play clock(being Drew's so-called understudy, I don't get why this is even a problem)

Better ball security. A "QB" with small hands should consider this as of upmost importance

And last but definitely not least, I'm gonna need him to look the part & know what the hell he's doing after 3-4 yrs "in the system"

Sounds so easy that almost anyone should be able to be an NFL-quality QB.

Kidding aside, Hill is much more aware of his weaknesses than us. To us, they're entertainment, they can be life-changing to him.

When I started this thread a couple of weeks ago I knew that it would probably still be relevant today. After reading through numerous threads on Taysom I feel most people's opinions haven't changed. I realize it's only been 2 weeks but I thought I might start to see the majority leaning one way or the other.

If anything my anxiety has heightened due to his serious turnover issues that continue week to week. He might be able to sharpen his reads and decision making over time but a fumbler is not going to be starting long in the NFL. Every possession is important in this league and even a guy with 30 TD's and 5000 yards will be gone if he keeps repeating turnovers. People have said that fumbling can be fixed, but so far Hill has not shown any improvements. Hope he can fix this problem1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom