Article Can the Memphis Express Bounce Back this Saturday With a Victory Over the Hotshots? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Week 1 of the AAF 2019 season was full of digesting stones for the fans as the two opening games of last weekend gave us a clear insight of who will rule over who in the new Alliance of American Football league . Nearly 3 million eyes popped out when the Memphis Express was defeated by the Birmingham Iron (26-0) in its first inaugural game, along with history being witnessed.

After a Shutout Loss Against The Iron,The Express Must Bounce Back Against Arizona to Sustain their First Season in the AAF

Last edited:
These teams have had about a month together
I don’t think week 1 should be used as any sort of barometer ( maybe even first 1/2 of season)

I even think the best teams will look a bit different than what we’re used to
The comparison I think of is European basketball- a euro coach has to find ways to combine talent and personalities from all over the map (literally and figuratively)
AAF coaches will have to patchwork the teams in a similar way

I don't think they can. Hotshots were one of the top 2 teams that I watched & Memphis showed me little.

You never really know in a situation like this, but I don't think Memphis even makes a game of this.

I don't think they can. Hotshots were one of the top 2 teams that I watched & Memphis showed me little.

You never really know in a situation like this, but I don't think Memphis even makes a game of this.
True, I would give Zach Mettenberger at shot if I was Coach Singletary.

Memphis' D-line looked legit. Secondary looked suspect.
Run offense looked decent. Much better in the 2nd half.
Passing offense looked terrible.

Singletary is a defensive minded coach. But if he hasn't done
so already, he should keep his nose out of the offense.

True, I would give Zach Mettenberger at shot if I was Coach Singletary.
He's got nothing to lose by starting him. Neither Hackenberg nor Silvers showed me much. Of course, they had protection issues (2 sacks, 6 hits, several hurries), but still I think I'd give Mettenberger a shot.

Well, although AZ won, Memphis sure made a game of it. I was wrong.

But it was a fun and exciting game. I'm enjoying AAF much more than I thought I would. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom