Can the NFL ruin our Christmas any further? (1 Viewer)

Houston plays Christmas Eve night and I've have yet to see people whine on their forum about missing a couple of hours of family time. An empty dome is going to send no message regardless. If you rather get drink with the crazy aunt I'm sure there is someone that would like to go so don't let them go to waste . Also we have no room to complain with the "More Tampa fans than Saints fans", and "Mile High Dome" threads.

In fairness to the points that some of these posters are trying to make.....that Houston game was scheduled back in April. They'd look pretty silly whining about it 8 months later.

Still, the point I made earlier in this thread still stands.........if the Saints were relevant this season, people would either rearrange their schedules or have no problem getting at or above face value for their tickets on the secondary markets. As it stands now, they probably only halfway want to go now........and this 3 hour shift in the start-time has eliminated that remaining desire to go. That doesn't make them bad people or bad fans.....it just means the Saints haven't provided them with proper incentive to rearrange their lives on that particular day.

And I don't fault them. If I suspected that attending that game would lead to me witnessing the defense give up multiple 3rd and 15s.........or seeing Brees still screaming YELLOW 80, YELLOW 80, KILL KILL with 2 seconds left on the playclock.......or seeing his throws get batted around like a volleyball and picked off about 4 times..........then I, too, would question whether I should sacrifice holiday time for that.

Having said all of that.....there are lots of people who really don't get all wrapped up in the holidays, so I figure there will still be a decent turnout, regardless.

I'm going to be listing 4 great tickets in 107 when I get home.

Houston plays Christmas Eve night and I've have yet to see people whine on their forum about missing a couple of hours of family time. An empty dome is going to send no message regardless. If you rather get drink with the crazy aunt I'm sure there is someone that would like to go so don't let them go to waste . Also we have no room to complain with the "More Tampa fans than Saints fans", and "Mile High Dome" threads.

Did you miss the part about the time being changed? It's a matter of screwing up plans and logistics for the majority of out-of-town fans. Houston fans know the game time get flexed?

I'm still trying to make it, but I'll admit it has a lot to do with petty vengeance. If I don't go, the terrorists (NFL/Fox) to win. :ezbill: There is also the added benefit that the refs may actually hear me berating their ineptitude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom