Can The Packers Fire Mike McCarthy? (1 Viewer)

Jeff

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The purgatory between Shreveport and Alexandria
McCarthy's in a bad spot. When you have a slumping superstar like Rodgers, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't unless your choices (whatever they may be) work out. He'll be second guess no matter what happens. If he hits the open market, his unemployment won't last long. A team like the Colts (with a young QB) would be smart to give him a call.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I said this a few weeks ago when I said that he was on the hot seat. He and Peyton are on the hot seat, and barring a playoff birth, it will be hard for either of them to quiet their critics.

It is interesting that in a franchise with a rich history, the Packers don't care if you won them a Super Bowl. It is "what have you done for me lately?" As it probably should be.

OP
Saint Jack

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I said this a few weeks ago when I said that he was on the hot seat. He and Peyton are on the hot seat, and barring a playoff birth, it will be hard for either of them to quiet their critics.

It is interesting that in a franchise with a rich history, the Packers don't care if you won them a Super Bowl. It is "what have you done for me lately?" As it probably should be.
I agree the Packers history, but there's about a thirty year period from the late 60s to late 90s when they were nothing.

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
But I thought everyone said that Aaron Rodgers was the problem not McCarthy....

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
McCarthy is one of the worst head coaches in the league. They win in spite of him. My best friend is a Packers fan and has been calling for his head for as long as I can remember.

DoMePaTrolleR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
McCarthy is one of the worst head coaches in the league. They win in spite of him. My best friend is a Packers fan and has been calling for his head for as long as I can remember.
Lol he absolutely is not one of the worst coaches in the league. Just cause someone is a fan does not mean they know if he's a good coach or not. His offensives have been consistently good every single year besides now. I doubt he has all the sudden forgotten how to coach football. Some of what is going on is absolutely his fault but you can look to Rodgers who has just been terrible.

Saint Brees

The Seeker
Reaction score
Packers really dropped off after they choked away the NFC Championship game.

SaintsFan83

BIG HARSHNESS
Reaction score
107–57–1 (.652), 5 division titles, A championship, only 1 losing season in a decade. Pls

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mike team been embarrassed in the playoff is what irks their fans. 15-1 team being one and done. 12-4 choking away the NFC championship. Being embarrassed by Kapernick two years in a row. Last year collapse. They been 3-5 since 2010 in the playoff with two of those win in the wildcard round.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Mike team been embarrassed in the playoff is what irks their fans. 15-1 team being one and done. 12-4 choking away the NFC championship. Being embarrassed by Kapernick two years in a row. Last year collapse. They been 3-5 since 2010 in the playoff with two of those win in the wildcard round.
pretty bad stuff

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He needs to do what Sean is doing and just let his OC call the plays.
This maybe your worst post ever. Both MM and Payton have proven to be excellent play callers. Anyone that thinks Payton is getting fired or not a great playcaller knows nothing about the game of football.

Payton is a modern day Bill Walsh when it comes to offense. All the fools that call for him to give up play calling KNOW NOTHING.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
This maybe your worst post ever. Both MM and Payton have proven to be excellent play callers. Anyone that thinks Payton is getting fired or not a great playcaller knows nothing about the game of football.

Payton is a modern day Bill Walsh when it comes to offense. All the fools that call for him to give up play calling KNOW NOTHING.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ael-not-sean-payton-calling-plays-for-saints/

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcsouth/p...ering-that-pete-carmichael-jr-now-calls-plays

Saints318

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
From your links...

“It wasn’t a big, earth-shattering announcement or a big move,” Payton insisted. “Functionally I can give Pete a play, and he can get it into Drew [Brees] just as quickly as I can get it to Drew directly. And yet if I’m managing the game or paying attention to what just happened on a punt return, we’re far enough along in this process where it’s easy for us.”
“It is a week to week thing,” Payton said. “Pete and I communicate each week on how we want this game to unfold. . . . I thought it went very well [Sunday]. I will still be very much involved in a handful of those calls and so it is an operation for us, this is year 10 or 11 now that we will just handle week to week. It was not a big earth shattering announcement or a big move, it was really, functionally I can get Pete a play and he can get it into Drew just as quickly as I can get it into Drew directly. And if I’m managing the game, or paying attention to what just happen on a punt return, we are far enough along in this process where it is easy for us.”
Carmichael is in his 11th season working for Payton....
So Payton designs the plays, makes the sheet that lays out exactly what to call in any given situation, then during the game Payton tells Carmichael what to tell Drew.

So yeah, Carmichael calls the plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom