Can the saints players boycott probowl? (1 Viewer)

Lustmord

The Scourge of Christians
Reaction score
7 stars refusing to play would be a big public statement. Not like it's free trip to Hawaii like it was

be like "nah, the wife needs me to go shoe shopping and ive got to cut the grass. oh, and I will not be a part of an allstar game on behalf of the #riggednfl"

Does the losing coaching staff get to coach the game like in the old days?

I am pretty sure they can decline to participate. The usual protocol, that I know of, is a player reports an "injury" and sits out. But I hope any players don't cop to that. They need to express exactly why they would sit out.

I think the Saints probowlers need to use next Sunday to rearrange their sock drawers. That's difficult when you have multiple hangnails.

I wouldn't play. If I was a Saints player, I would phone this one in and if asked why, I would say "go figure". The NFL owes the Saints organization and the fan base for all teams an apology for this. Whoever wins the superbowl this year is going to be a victory tainted by this debacle. Whether or not a BIG FREAKING ASTERISK is placed by the RAMS NFC Championship, fans will remember this as being a bogus champion. Who wants to be known as the team that was given the championship by the referees? It also lessens the prize for the Patriots if they win. They will know they played a team that was not the real NFC Champion. EVERYBODY loses with this travesty!

They should just say they can’t go because they have to stay home and drink two cans of Bang energy drink. You know, Bang Bang.

They might even get an endorsement deal out of it.

I dunno. The Pro Bowl is a thing for the players. It's personal. If it's their first one, I'd still go. Practicing with other greats, getting tips and advice, is always good.

The only reason I would say go ahead and go is that it is an opportunity for the players to meet with the press. The press is going to ask about that call. Keep it in the news cycle as long as you can.

I’d tell them I’m coming and just not show ... when they ask why I’d say I missed the call err plane

And if CSP is the coach no way I show up.

At the end of the day the players work for the nfl and are unlikely to make waves about this. Now us as the fans witch have no affiliation with the nfl can boycott and voice our opinions. Hopefully it’s enough for a real change to happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom