Can we ALL just relax? (1 Viewer)

I think the real panic is when is reggie gonna bust a long run, when is the game gonna slow down for him so that he can be an affective runner, we see he run inside, has great vision and we KNOW he can take it outside, but when you watch him of he'll have a carry inside and he bounces around like a pin ball and gets 7-12yrds, and that will be his biggest gain cause the rest of the time he gets the ball and tries to bounce it out not letting the play develop or just taking what the play gives him (2-3yrd gain).....when will this game slow down for him?

You make a good point, but I, personally, am not worried about Bush at this time. I think we have enough solid players on offense to move the chains and score. At this point in the season, with a 5-2 record, we need to be able to stop people from scoring, and not find ourselves in 9 dogfights over the remaining 9 games. I think we need to blow some teams out, not for reputation or power rankings, but for self confidence and swagger. I would like to see this on the road against Tampa Bay... hold them to less than 50 yards rushing, less than 125 passing, and hold to 3 points, while we score 27 or better. I don't care what anyone says about Tampa Bay being the best 2-5 NFC team, or whatever - the Saints need to beat them in a manner that is consistent with a good 5-2 team beating a bad 2-5 team. JMHO.

I'm relaxed. The Saints have already met my win expectations, and I have a good idea of what level this squad is on. I'm pleased with the progress made, and confident that needs will at least be looked into next season. A few pieces can make this an elite young team for a while.

I wont even be too mad at 8-8 even. We are still a team on the rise with a really really hard schedule. People thinking superbowl just get a little over excited I think.

I really hope we make the playoffs and all, but i am not calling for anyone to get fired if we dont.

Being optimistic about this team, I will be dissapointed if we don't atleast end the season at .500. Realistically, I am thrilled with this start and I am not worried about the loss to Balt. Sometimes a loss is a positive as it sobers up the team to the realization that you can't win em all. Now, hopefully they know that not all games are a gimmie and they have to fight hard for every win.

Even if they do something I will not mention directly as to not jinx us, I am thrilled at this team and it's potential. Another OL, TE, LB and maybe a DL next year or in a trade this year would be a sure sign that this team is serious enough. 5-2 looks pretty serious to me.

No panic, just joy.

I really like the last 4 replies in this thread. LPaulT is right, we need to beat Tampa like we're a 5-2 team! But at the same time, the Saints have met my winning expectations...in fact, they've exceeded them. I predicted a 2 or 3 win season earlier this year. But I would also be disappointed if we didn't at least go .500. My expectations almost went thru the roof after we went 5-1, our only defeat having been a respecatble one by only three points in Carolina. This loss to the Ravens brought me back down to earth and now I'm realistic about what kind of team we have this year. The playoffs would be great, but I won't be surprised if we don't make them, and I also won't be calling for any coaches to be fired. However, I will support some personnel changes (e.g. McKenzie).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom