Can we ALL just relax? (1 Viewer)

steub12

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey! Did anyone think we were going 15-1? C'mon?! Losses do happen! No panic needed! I think we are a GOOD team. By no means are we GREAT! Games like last week happen to average-good teams. If we make the play-offs - GREAT! But, PLEASE realize the improvement in ideas of this regime.

no i didnt think we were gonna go 15-1...i was thinking more along the lines of 16-0

Hey! Did anyone think we were going 15-1? C'mon?! Losses do happen! No panic needed! I think we are a GOOD team. By no means are we GREAT! Games like last week happen to average-good teams. If we make the play-offs - GREAT! But, PLEASE realize the improvement in ideas of this regime.

I take offense to you saying that we should act rational. We're Saints fans afterall!

I agree

its okay we are going 14-2, they will all be back on our bandwagon by week 11, then all the super bowl hoopla will start, and all the people who say at atleast he ill be more soild tha desmond howard, wil kno reggie is reggie "thrill" bush.........who ever turned there back on this team will be the same ones who say they knew it all along since we beat the falcons...

Yea there are tons of over-reactions going on around here. You know a win at TB and the Saints are at 6-2, I said 6-2 people!:deal:

i think i speak for the majority when i say that it's not the loss that bothers us so much as the manner in which it happened. poor coaching decisions,lethargic play on all sides of the ball ( till the last 5 mins of the 4th), ridiculous penalties ect..i can handle losses as long as the team at least shows up to play ya know?

The turnovers can be fixed, but the defense concerns me. That's what really has me worried.

We are a little suspect at the corners...losing Harper has hurt us in the secondary...but this team will stick together and come back to where they need to be...and that's winning again....14-2 anyone?.....:9:

The turnovers can be fixed, but the defense concerns me. That's what really has me worried.

Cornerbacks can be helped tremendously with more heat and QB pressure overall. And fortunately, we're playing a rookie QB who has been playing mediocre as of late, so we should be able to rattle him if we bring the heat.

I'm not sure about the overall thinking here but We all knew that Dfense would be an issue this year. There is a real need for maybe another starter on the line, a play maker on the LB unit and a cover corner. These are the personnel that I expect this staff to target in the off season. Of course we'll need a TE and etc. but I think that this dfense needs to improve if we ever expect to move deep into the playoffs.

Overall I just didn't like what I saw in the dome. I have come to expect this team to be prepared, make sound decisions and play hard. I DID NOT SEE THAT for the entire game.

We are a little suspect at the corners...losing Harper has hurt us in the secondary...but this team will stick together and come back to where they need to be...and that's winning again....14-2 anyone?.....:9:

I guess I can settle for 14-2 as long as we get to kick the **** out of the Ravens in the Superbowl!!!!!!!!

that's why i was cautious of all these people saying things like 14-2 and stuff. come on... we need to win 9 or more games. I will only be disappointed if we finish 8-8 or worse. This team is a fixer-upper

Good point, and I agree.
I would like to see the defense working harder, but I have to face the fact that at this point, the defense is what we see..... able to stop the run at times, and gives up huge chunks in the passing game.

I think the real panic is when is reggie gonna bust a long run, when is the game gonna slow down for him so that he can be an affective runner, we see he run inside, has great vision and we KNOW he can take it outside, but when you watch him of he'll have a carry inside and he bounces around like a pin ball and gets 7-12yrds, and that will be his biggest gain cause the rest of the time he gets the ball and tries to bounce it out not letting the play develop or just taking what the play gives him (2-3yrd gain).....when will this game slow down for him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom