Can we beat the Rams?

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Ratings
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Obviously we have a few weeks before the matchup that all of the NFL watching world is waiting for, but since the Pats vs Chiefs game last week, this is the game everyone is waiting for because you have a perfect team playing a near perfect team, and they are #1 and #2 in the NFC. This game will have home field implications, and it will show who has the inside track for the rest of the season.

The talking heads are really in the fence with this one. Since the Rams win yesterday everyone is wondering, “who will be the first team to beat the Rams this season, or will they go undefeated?” People are quick to point out the 11/4 matchup vs the Saints, but nobody can say for certain who will come out the victor.

Obviously as Saints fans we all are going to say the Rams die in the Superdome, but the Rams have more weapons than we have seen (the Falcons aren’t on the Rams level), and they mirror the Saints in strength for strength.

How do you see the Rams game going?

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I also don't feel their run D is good. We will find out.
In rushing YPC the Rams D is 26th, giving up 4.7 YPC. Including yesterday's game, the Saints are by far the #1 in YPC, giving up 3.1 YPC. The Rams v Saints game will be billed as a shoot out, but I could totally see Sean bringing a Ravens type game plan to that game (run heavy).

Banned #36

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
Rams 7-0 have beaten

Raiders 1-5
Cardinals 1-6
Chargers 5-2
Vikings 4-2
Seahawks 3-3
Broncos 3-4
49ers 1-6

Saints 5-1 have beaten (or not)

Bucs 3-3 (L)
Browns 2-4
Falcons 2-4
Giants 1-5
Redskins 4-2
Ravens 4-3

Rams have a better defense. RB and WR are more or less a wash. QB and experience is Saints' advantage.

Number of possessions will be key in this game. If the Rams D gets them extra possession then it will be tough for Saints.
How exactly do the Rams have a better defense?

Jameth

Formerly jrich7720
Ratings
Oakland 1-5
Arizona 1-6
Chargers 5-2
Minny 4-2-1
Seattle 3-3
Denver 3-4
San Fran 1-6
Rams SOS: 18-28-1 0.394
Saints SOS: 16-20-1 0.446

They looked mortal against all four teams they played with more than one win. Only a 6 point average MOV against those teams. Definitely beatable. We’re also the best offense they’ve seen, by far.

Ratings
Well I think it comes down to 3 things here

1: The Rams do allow a lot of points this year versus better teams. Two times 31 points were on the board and they only won because they outscored

So this is a thing we have a good shot at. Playing a shootout in the dome will test if they can keep up.

2: they rely heavily on Gurley... he had a game with over 200 yards and is used pretty much to mix plays.
So who has the #1 Run D?
Thats another key point we should do better than any team they faced before.

3: limit their deepshots. Thats a problem we have been fighting all year. And DA needs to get this fixed. (Coming up against Thielen and the Vikes... who just earned a record for 7 consecutive 100yrd games)

So all in all, I think if our D plays at a level we had vs the Skins, we gonna give the Rams their fiest L

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
The Redskins are going through just as much adversity as the Vikings. Chargers and Vikings have combined record of 9-4-1. Ravens and Redskins have a combined record of 8-4. Pretty comparable teams.

The difference is the Rams have more dominant performances so far, which is particularly impressive because even their home games are pretty much away games. They don't get roudy crowds to disrupt opponents at home, and they still haven't lost. It's okay to recognize that an opponent is great - just makes it that more sweet when you beat them.
The Redskins are not going through as much adversity as the Vikings. What are you talking about?

Records in week 7 don't make teams equal.

The Chargers aren't beating top AFC teams ad nearly lost to the Titans.

Who have the Rams had dominating performances against?

It seems some of you discount the he'll out of what the Saints do, but inflate the Rams to epic proportions. Very ESPN like.

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Thankfully this game will be at home. I don't know if this one can or will be flexed, but I kind of hope it does become SNF. Only reason is that Saints at home on primetime are always golden.

To answer the OP question: Yes. The Saints can beat the Rams. I can't imagine it will be easy, but it's definitely possible and the Saints should definitely scare the Rams.

Ratings
NFL will not FLEX this game to SNF. Not because of Brady and Brees. They don't want to put their LA Golden Goose in a loosing situation in a road primetime game with one of their smaller market team with a notorious reputation for blow out wins on SNF. It's why NFL have been super stingy on giving us home prime time game and been putting us on the road more than home.

Another thing... Brady vs. Rdogers trade for Saints vs. Rams(If they don't lose a game next week) is a far trade,
Isn’t this up to the networks? Not the NFL?

Ratings
It will take a near perfect game to beat them.

After that final drive yesterday giving up a TD on blown coverage and the final drive before half time, I am not entirely convinced that this defense can do it. The secondary has serious issues no matter what people say. The Rams like to play deep ball and go for big plays, which is a bad match up with how routinely this secondary gets burned.

It will be a shoot out and it will likely take a near perfect game from Brees to get a win over them.

Anyone remember the games we used to have against Kurt Warner and those old Rams teams? They were usually shoot outs. We were one of their only two losses in 2001 and we beat them twice in 2000. This Rams team reminds me of them and I think we could see a throwback type game of a big shoot out.

Lucky for the Rams; the NFC West is undoubtedly the worst division in the league this year besides the annual AFC South crapfest. The NFC West is so bad that they could have the division wrapped up and won before their bye week and December starts.

Like Philly last year, the Rams are benefiting from a cupcake schedule that is actually easier than the Eagles schedule last year. Philly got a push thanks to the NFC East being bad last year, but this year's NFC West is even worse with having two dumpster fire teams that will be drafting in the top 3 picks.

Ratings
The Redskins are going through just as much adversity as the Vikings. Chargers and Vikings have combined record of 9-4-1. Ravens and Redskins have a combined record of 8-4. Pretty comparable teams.

The difference is the Rams have more dominant performances so far, which is particularly impressive because even their home games are pretty much away games. They don't get roudy crowds to disrupt opponents at home, and they still haven't lost. It's okay to recognize that an opponent is great - just makes it that more sweet when you beat them.
The Redskins are not a good team, and I think people on here are overrating them just cause we beat them.

The NFC East is bad this year, but Washington will come crashing back down to earth when they have to go on the road again. They have been very Jekyll and Hyde so far this year. Their most convincing win was beating a mediocre Packers team whom almost came back into that game if not for the new roughing the passer rules on the Clay Matthews sack. All their other wins have not really been that convincing. They almost lost to the Panthers in a comeback and thank god Jason Garrett is coaching the Cowboys and they screwed themselves from going into OT. I don't count them beating down a 1-6 Cards team cause Arizona is horrible.

People seem to forget that this is the same Washington team that got beat down to a Colts team that had only won a single game until this past week.

I have no doubt the Rams would stomp Washington. The best team we've beaten so far this year was Baltimore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.