Can we beat the Rams?

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Obviously we have a few weeks before the matchup that all of the NFL watching world is waiting for, but since the Pats vs Chiefs game last week, this is the game everyone is waiting for because you have a perfect team playing a near perfect team, and they are #1 and #2 in the NFC. This game will have home field implications, and it will show who has the inside track for the rest of the season.

The talking heads are really in the fence with this one. Since the Rams win yesterday everyone is wondering, “who will be the first team to beat the Rams this season, or will they go undefeated?” People are quick to point out the 11/4 matchup vs the Saints, but nobody can say for certain who will come out the victor.

Obviously as Saints fans we all are going to say the Rams die in the Superdome, but the Rams have more weapons than we have seen (the Falcons aren’t on the Rams level), and they mirror the Saints in strength for strength.

How do you see the Rams game going?

ChaChingBaby

Ratings
The Rams scare me because of the big plays they are capable of through the air. We are struggling to defend that right now. We can certainly win this game but our inability to stop the 2 minute drill is scary.

That being said, we can score on the Rams. We can score on anybody.
This is my biggest concern. There have been some defensive improvements, but we still get burned on big plays and like that final TD yesterday, where no one was even covering the open receiver.

I'm worried about the Rams stretching the field with big plays. it's their go-to plays. From watching over a number of their games this year, they like to attack down field over the middle which makes for an awful match up for us.

We will most likely have to engage them in a shoot out and pray the defense figures something out. As of right now, I don't have much faith in them.

Humperdoo

One eyed willy.
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
I think so. With an effort like yesterday and or like the Washington game, we certainly can. Especially at home. They have a lot of talent on that roster as we do on ours.

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
I'm a gambling man... An unbiased one that doesn't like to lose. I don't drink the koolaid or wear black and gold glasses. Going on the road for SNF against a .500 team usually means L.
If you're a gambling man then you should know you look at the matchup. Especially from a betting point of view. And not just equate road on SNF against a. 500 team=L. I don't know any betting folks that would do that.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
I've seen the Rams play a number of times this year. The Rams are a very good football team right now. They are freaking loaded on both sides of the ball, especially offense. Gurley is simply a monster and even if we contain the run, he can put up 150 yards and 2 TDs on passes. Goff is throwing the ball like Aaron Rodgers. We all know Cooks, but Woods is putting up insane numbers every week. And the defense is loaded with stars. And their stud DT had 4 sacks yesterday.

Can we beat them? Yes. We are that good.

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
If we slow down the run we win; Goff relies on communication pre-snap...

And our dline is going to eat him alive with the loudest the crowd has been in x amount of years.

Innotech

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
we imposed our will on the stingiest defense in the NFL and also beat a pretty good Redskins team that is getting better every game. we outdueled red hot qbs. we run the ball well. we stop the run. yes we can beat the Rams! what other team has the firepower to beat them besides us, Chiefs, and and maybe Pats?

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
FWIW, two talking heads I usually can't bear to watch predicted a Saints victory last night on NFLN -- Shannon Sharpe and Deion Sanders.

"They don't want to mess with the Saints in that Dome," Sanders said, as he and Sharpe wondered if the Rams were going to play their starters in the last two games, presumably with home field advantage on the line.

slikk

Pro-Bowler
Ratings
yes they can beat the rams.. but the communication and play on Def is going to be way better. Last 2 mins. of the game were just crazy.

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
How exactly do the Rams have a better defense?
______________________________Rams D___________ Saints D
%drives resulting --------- #7 (16.4%)---------#25 (8.1%)
in offensive turnover

Pts/G Allowed --------------#4 (18.3)-------------#27 (27.2)

%drives resulting ----------#9 (32.9%)----------- #26 (43.5%)
in offensive score

% sacks -------------------- #12 (7.5%) ------------#23 (5.8%)
when passing

Rush Y/G allowed---------#12 (100.1)------------ #1 (72.3)

Pass Y/G allowed----------#9 (227.3)------------ #28 (293.7)

HailStateSaintsFan

Formerly known as MSSaintfan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Biloxi native, living in Central Mississippi
Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?
You deffinitely get a thumbs up on that one! Actually, though, as an ornithologist, I will point out that the answer is no. I will say that I use that same expression frequently. I think it is one of the better ones out there. I think we are all tired of hearing “Does a bear **** in the woods?”

In actuality, waterfowl who lose a leg actually compensate with the other by moving it medial to the midline of the ventrum. It’s actually pretty cool to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom