Can we beat the Rams? (2 Viewers)

NFL will not FLEX this game to SNF. Not because of Brady and Brees. They don't want to put their LA Golden Goose in a loosing situation in a road primetime game with one of their smaller market team with a notorious reputation for blow out wins on SNF. It's why NFL have been super stingy on giving us home prime time game and been putting us on the road more than home.

Another thing... Brady vs. Rdogers trade for Saints vs. Rams(If they don't lose a game next week) is a far trade,
Isn’t this up to the networks? Not the NFL?

It will take a near perfect game to beat them.

After that final drive yesterday giving up a TD on blown coverage and the final drive before half time, I am not entirely convinced that this defense can do it. The secondary has serious issues no matter what people say. The Rams like to play deep ball and go for big plays, which is a bad match up with how routinely this secondary gets burned.

It will be a shoot out and it will likely take a near perfect game from Brees to get a win over them.

Anyone remember the games we used to have against Kurt Warner and those old Rams teams? They were usually shoot outs. We were one of their only two losses in 2001 and we beat them twice in 2000. This Rams team reminds me of them and I think we could see a throwback type game of a big shoot out.

Lucky for the Rams; the NFC West is undoubtedly the worst division in the league this year besides the annual AFC South crapfest. The NFC West is so bad that they could have the division wrapped up and won before their bye week and December starts.

Like Philly last year, the Rams are benefiting from a cupcake schedule that is actually easier than the Eagles schedule last year. Philly got a push thanks to the NFC East being bad last year, but this year's NFC West is even worse with having two dumpster fire teams that will be drafting in the top 3 picks.

The Redskins are going through just as much adversity as the Vikings. Chargers and Vikings have combined record of 9-4-1. Ravens and Redskins have a combined record of 8-4. Pretty comparable teams.

The difference is the Rams have more dominant performances so far, which is particularly impressive because even their home games are pretty much away games. They don't get roudy crowds to disrupt opponents at home, and they still haven't lost. It's okay to recognize that an opponent is great - just makes it that more sweet when you beat them.

The Redskins are not a good team, and I think people on here are overrating them just cause we beat them.

The NFC East is bad this year, but Washington will come crashing back down to earth when they have to go on the road again. They have been very Jekyll and Hyde so far this year. Their most convincing win was beating a mediocre Packers team whom almost came back into that game if not for the new roughing the passer rules on the Clay Matthews sack. All their other wins have not really been that convincing. They almost lost to the Panthers in a comeback and thank god Jason Garrett is coaching the Cowboys and they screwed themselves from going into OT. I don't count them beating down a 1-6 Cards team cause Arizona is horrible.

People seem to forget that this is the same Washington team that got beat down to a Colts team that had only won a single game until this past week.

I have no doubt the Rams would stomp Washington. The best team we've beaten so far this year was Baltimore.

The Rams scare me because of the big plays they are capable of through the air. We are struggling to defend that right now. We can certainly win this game but our inability to stop the 2 minute drill is scary.

That being said, we can score on the Rams. We can score on anybody.

This is my biggest concern. There have been some defensive improvements, but we still get burned on big plays and like that final TD yesterday, where no one was even covering the open receiver.

I'm worried about the Rams stretching the field with big plays. it's their go-to plays. From watching over a number of their games this year, they like to attack down field over the middle which makes for an awful match up for us.

We will most likely have to engage them in a shoot out and pray the defense figures something out. As of right now, I don't have much faith in them.

I think so. With an effort like yesterday and or like the Washington game, we certainly can. Especially at home. They have a lot of talent on that roster as we do on ours.

I'm a gambling man... An unbiased one that doesn't like to lose. I don't drink the koolaid or wear black and gold glasses. Going on the road for SNF against a .500 team usually means L.

If you're a gambling man then you should know you look at the matchup. Especially from a betting point of view. And not just equate road on SNF against a. 500 team=L. I don't know any betting folks that would do that.

I've seen the Rams play a number of times this year. The Rams are a very good football team right now. They are freaking loaded on both sides of the ball, especially offense. Gurley is simply a monster and even if we contain the run, he can put up 150 yards and 2 TDs on passes. Goff is throwing the ball like Aaron Rodgers. We all know Cooks, but Woods is putting up insane numbers every week. And the defense is loaded with stars. And their stud DT had 4 sacks yesterday.

Can we beat them? Yes. We are that good.

Let's beat the Vikings, first.

Then ask me about the Rams. (one game at a time)

If we slow down the run we win; Goff relies on communication pre-snap...

And our dline is going to eat him alive with the loudest the crowd has been in x amount of years.

we imposed our will on the stingiest defense in the NFL and also beat a pretty good Redskins team that is getting better every game. we outdueled red hot qbs. we run the ball well. we stop the run. yes we can beat the Rams! what other team has the firepower to beat them besides us, Chiefs, and and maybe Pats?

FWIW, two talking heads I usually can't bear to watch predicted a Saints victory last night on NFLN -- Shannon Sharpe and Deion Sanders.

"They don't want to mess with the Saints in that Dome," Sanders said, as he and Sharpe wondered if the Rams were going to play their starters in the last two games, presumably with home field advantage on the line.

I remember beating the Failcons several years ago in the Dome when they were 8-0 . So the answer is yes!

This year is perfect for us in the NFC with one exception- The Rams. They’re about as balanced as any team we’ll face.

I believe we can beat them though

yes they can beat the rams.. but the communication and play on Def is going to be way better. Last 2 mins. of the game were just crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom