Can we clean things up before next week? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
We had a lot of bonehead plays, and they mostly showed up in the form of flying yellow flags. We can blame the refs, but our lack of discipline are more to blame.

Can we get past “the refs are out to get us” and buckle things up before this trend really kills us?

That was one ugly game....yuck!
Penalties, lack of time on offense made our d spent, play calls bad again. I'm not even sure if I saw a jet sweep to Harris or Taysom touching the ball.

It wasn't the refs. This loss falls on Brees. Again. The only way this gets cleaned up is benching Drew and putting in Winston or Taysom, at least teams will fear the deep ball with them.

Maybe it'll be a wake up call to his play, or maybe this really is it and Brees goes out in the same way Eli did.

I have always supported Drew continuing as our leader. I shrugged off people saying that he needed to retire.

Until now. He is clearly off in his decision making and the speed of the game is a factor. It really stinks to watch.

Drews arm strength is completely gone. It was never more apparent than on the last drive. Not even trying to take a shot downfield. Its sad to watch because you know his mind is as sharp as it ever was but the body no longer listens to it.

I’ve not lost all hope yet. Next weekend will say it all, I expect them to show up for a huge game.

It’s a long season, we haven’t started 2-0 like 7 years.

The defense was sloppy though. We gave up a ton of yards, and kept drives alive due to mental lapses. This has to get better.

Yeah, we all saw. That’s my point. Last week’s win was because the D played lights out. They looked pitiful tonight and we lost. The key to winning is our defense. If they don’t bounce back, we’re in trouble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom