Can we drop Dalton and pick up Nick Foles ? (1 Viewer)

Two 4000yd passing seasons,
Three pro bowls
Four double digit winning seasons
Great attitude
Honestly.....I have no idea why people are so down on Andy Dalton.
Okay so maybe his better days are behind him, but he has a bunch of experience and offers a lot more as a back up than many qbs

I dont want Foles anywhere near this team. Everywhere he goes there is controversy. Besides what has he done the last 3 season.

Dalton the past two years has shown he is a professional and capable back up.

Three pro bowls
Great attitude
Okay so maybe his better days are behind him, but he has a bunch of experience and offers a lot more as a back up than many qbs
He did well in Dallas winning a few games for them I think he had a 4th quarter comeback as well. So he's a good back up with talent. No idea as well why someone would be down on him.

It would look really bad on our part, so my answer is no. The marginal upgrade between Dalton and Foles is minuscule and by playing musical chairs with our backup in the same offseason would send an awful message to the entire league and future potential free agents. We’d be basically telling the league that if we find something slightly better without even playing a snap for us, you’re bound to get replaced.

Dalton is a solid veteran who might not be what he once was but the risk doesn’t outweigh the reward here.

I think this is a bit silly. Comparatively, they have about the the same rating. Career completion percentage, career yards per attempt, are all right there next to each other. IMO, Dalton has had ALOT more opportunities and I feel like if we had either of them last year we might have made the playoffs

With Dalton you don't have to change your whole game plan if he has to come in for Winston. I was floating the idea to friends and possibly on here of the Saints signing Dalton a few years ago before we signed Winston. I like Foles, but Dalton keeps the game plan consistent if you have to use him. He's a really solid backup for Winston.

Three pro bowls
Great attitude
Thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom