Can we get Chark? {Update: Agrees to terms with Panthers} (1 Viewer)

Has Chark been special anywhere in his career? He hasn't stuck anywhere in the NFL.
I don't remember him even being the go-to receiver at LSU.

I'm not saying don't sign him, but I wouldn't go overboard on his compensation.

Has Chark been special anywhere in his career? He hasn't stuck anywhere in the NFL.

He made the Pro-Bowl his 2nd season with 74/1K/8TDs in Jacksonville.

I'd prefer the WR he is now with 5 years experience and the muscle he gained after Meyer called him out. He's 6'4" 210-215lbs with 4.34 speed who can play the X to backup MT and he can play the Z to be a big Z.

He shouldn't demand a high contract.

He’s had a list of off the field issues.

He’s had a list of off the field issues.

I didn't know that he struggles with anxiety and suffered some childhood tragedies due to both parents being injured on the job. He gets help for his anxiety and mental health through therapy. He's also a religious family man, sounds like he might fit right in.

He has also been injured a time or two. I don't think he's played a full season since his pro-bowl year.

Detroit paid him pretty solid money, $10M for a one year contract. I expect he is going to want a similar contract. He only got Detroit 30 catches for a total of 500 yards.

I just think that's too much for too little production.

I think we could afford it, but I think better value is out there at WR.

Players like Marvin Jones, savvy vet WR for $3M, or a young guy who can't break through deep depth charts like Zach Pascal, who would also cost you about the same $3M per year.

The last 2-3 seasons these guys have similar production as Chark, and can be signed for a third of what Chark will fetch.

After I posted, I looked at what his contract should be. Nevermind, looks like he's in the 10 mil/ year club. Don't really know how this dude is worth that!

I didn't know that he struggles with anxiety and suffered some childhood tragedies due to both parents being injured on the job. He gets help for his anxiety and mental health through therapy. He's also a religious family man, sounds like he might fit right in.

DJ Clark!
My mistake. I was referring to Frank Clark.

Players like Marvin Jones, savvy vet WR for $3M,
I’ve mentioned this guy a few times, would bring a solid veteran into the fold that has shown an ability to use his size to make contested catches. His 2021 highlight reel is pretty solid, the Jaguars just brought on too many weapons in 2022 for him to have as big of a role.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom