Can we get Chark? {Update: Agrees to terms with Panthers} (1 Viewer)

Who said he wants $10M/yr?

Would you sign him for 2 years, $7.0M that could max at $8.5-9M with incentives and about $4M guaranteed?

Or do a 3-year deal with the same AAV to lock him up through his prime years.

Locks:
MT (X, Y)
Olave (Y, Z)
Chark (X, Z)
Shaheed (Y, Z)

Bubble:
TQS (X, Y, Z)

End of depth chart:
Kirkland (X, Y)
Baker (Y, Z)
Merritt (X, Y, Z)

That leaves 1-2 spots that could be upgraded in the draft.

Olave, Shaheed and Chark would be locks and are 4.3 guys. Merritt is also a 4.3 guy while Baker is a 4.4 guy.

We have to add speed to the WR room since we fielded the slowest WRs in the NFL last season and that was with Olave and Shaheed.

He won’t fit speed but I forgot Kenny Golladay is out there. He’s got the size at 6’4 214 and he wouldn’t count against our compensatory picks, as he was released by the Giants

He got a 1 year 10 million deal last year with the Lions. He is 26 years old, there will be a market for him, I don't think he is going to be as cheap as you think he is....

And 40 times, while nice, are grossly overrated as a measurable.....Baker and Merritt aren't even locks to make the team at this point. Rather than a speed guy (we already have 2 young healthy ones) would much rather a big physical chain mover in case CGM can't stay healthy.....

Last year.

There's a couple positions where 40 times aren't overrated and WR is one of the, CB is the other.

Agree we need a big physical WR to backup MT, however there aren't a lot available in FA and there's a handful in the draft. A few of the bigger WRs in the draft are smaller and slower than Chark.

I think you also missed where I said I'd like to see us draft a WR or two.

I think you also missed where I put Merritt and Baker in the end of the roster section and players who could be upgraded.

He won’t fit speed but I forgot Kenny Golladay is out there. He’s got the size at 6’4 214 and he wouldn’t count against our compensatory picks, as he was released by the Giants

He's had the injury bug lately and he also didn't fit what Daboll was trying to do with the Giants.

Last year.

There's a couple positions where 40 times aren't overrated and WR is one of the, CB is the other.

Agree we need a big physical WR to backup MT, however there aren't a lot available in FA and there's a handful in the draft. A few of the bigger WRs in the draft are smaller and slower than Chark.

I think you also missed where I said I'd like to see us draft a WR or two.

He is only 26....not 30.....

Except the all time WR position is loaded with guys that didn't have great straight line speed, it is the single most overrated, misunderstood measurable out there for any position....period.....a 4.3 40 doesn't get a WR open consistently, small space quickness measurables are way more important (cone, shuttle, etc), hands, upper body strength, precise route running, all way more important than 40 time......

Didn't miss anything, just not something I felt needed a reply.....I'd like to see us draft a WR but only if the right one is there...

He made the Pro-Bowl his 2nd season with 74/1K/8TDs in Jacksonville.

I'd prefer the WR he is now with 5 years experience and the muscle he gained after Meyer called him out. He's 6'4" 210-215lbs with 4.34 speed who can play the X to backup MT and he can play the Z to be a big Z.

He shouldn't demand a high contract.
the fact that he went to Carolina and they didn´t sign him suggests his asking price was too high.

Madsaint was really trying to ask about Frank Clark and not DJ Chark. If we can get Frank Clark, it would transform this defense. Geaux get him Loomis!
Ok, I'll roll with that. After I did a little research, Chark was too expensive anyway for little production.

Nice move for them. Credit where it’s due.

Good player, but hard to see a role for him on this team that he would accept. He wouldn’t want to be any less than the #2 and he won’t unseat Thomas or Olave.

Good player, but hard to see a role for him on this team that he would accept. He wouldn’t want to be any less than the #2 and he won’t unseat Thomas or Olave.
Agreed. I just meant I like it for Carolina. After losing Moore, at least they’re bringing in some quality vets to work with a rookie QB

We had no realistic shot at signing Chark. He wasn’t coming here to get targets behind Olave, Thomas, and Shaheed, while he’s still trying to earn a big payday again at a young age.

We aren’t going to get WR2s as WR4-WR5 depth. They’re still trying to be a starting WR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom