Can we get Chark? {Update: Agrees to terms with Panthers} (1 Viewer)

Panthers aren’t laying down and conceding the division, they likely see the same opportunity that the Saints FO sees:

Yep! Been saying this for a while. It's not even just the players. Their coaching staff is legit and they have the pieces in place to build a franchise QB. While folks were dismissing the Panthers because they were thinking the NFCS is going to be weak and we got Carr, I was looking at what they were doing like Duke in Rocky.

They are building something there, with a defense that is already legit, this might be less of a rebuild than folks initially though.

And if folks were paying attention, they would see the small things that the Panthers are doing. That is the team that I'm beginning to worry about.

I think we really need to keep an eye on what Reich is doing over there. Some might not think much of him as a head coach (he did better than most in Detroit though..lol), his work with QBs is well noted...

Yep! Been saying this for a while. It's not even just the players. Their coaching staff is legit and they have the pieces in place to build a franchise QB. While folks were dismissing the Panthers because they were thinking the NFCS is going to be weak and we got Carr, I was looking at what they were doing like Duke in Rocky.

They are building something there, with a defense that is already legit, this might be less of a rebuild than folks initially though.

Yeah, credit where it’s due. If we were in a position where we needed to rebuild, I’d be quite happy with how they’ve gone about it.

I also don’t think the price they paid for the top pick was too much, considering the value in guaranteeing you get “your guy” at QB.

Yeah, credit where it’s due. If we were in a position where we needed to rebuild, I’d be quite happy with how they’ve gone about it.

I also don’t think the price they paid for the top pick was too much, considering the value in guaranteeing you get “your guy” at QB.
And it is looking like Josh McCown is whoring for Shroud...haha.

And it is looking like Josh McCown is whoring for Shroud...haha.
I could see it. I was listening to Louis Riddick on DP show the other day and he was raving about him. Just his presence in addition to his talent.

It also wouldn’t shock me to see Richardson. It feels like his floor is gonna be 3. And he might be the type of person and player that Reich falls in love with.

That's a good list... 3 years ago.
You’re exactly right!! They’ve signed a bunch of names that have been allowed to leave by their former teams because they knew they could upgrade easily for less money.

The Panties are trying to sell tickets, but the product will be disappointing.
If they miss on the 1st overall pick (which isn’t at all uncommon) that franchise will circle the drain for many years… and I’m here for it

You’re exactly right!! They’ve signed a bunch of names that have been allowed to leave by their former teams because they knew they could upgrade easily for less money.

The Panties are trying to sell tickets, but the product will be disappointing.
If they miss on the 1st overall pick (which isn’t at all uncommon) that franchise will circle the drain for many years… and I’m here for it
Yep Thielen is 32 and his career team just let him walk. Think we'd let Jordan walk if he could still produce. Nope.

Chark hasn't done much in 2 years and is now on his 3rd team.

Hurst couldn't produce with Burrow despite being a league leader in routes run.

Sanders can produce on the ground but the Eagles run a favorable scheme and have a great line. Can he continue? And he's a non-factor in the passing game.

Who knows about Stroud and they gave up a decent amount of draft capital to get him. The fallback vet is Dalton. Hopefully he teaches Stroud a thing or two about pocket presence and check downs.

Panthers aren’t laying down and conceding the division, they likely see the same opportunity that the Saints FO sees:

Yeah, Panthers are taking the QB they want at #1, but what if they don't start that guy and Dalton wins early. Heads will explode here if Dalton wins the division as the Panthers starting QB. I don't think this will happen, but it has to be at least a 5% chance or so. The Saints are clear favorites to win the NFC South, but it is not a sure thing.

Fanduel, MGM, Caesars and Poinstbet:

NFC South:
Saints are currently +115, +125, +120 and +125
Panthers are, +270, +250, +300 and +240
Falcons are, +400, +400, +380 and +400
Bucs are, +500, +500, +460 and +500

Just for fun, Super Bowl:
Saints are, +3,500, +4,000, +3,000 and +3,300 (5th best odds in NFC)
Panthers are 11th in NFC at, +5,500, +5,000, +7,000 and +5,500.

Yeah, Panthers are taking the QB they want at #1, but what if they don't start that guy and Dalton wins early. Heads will explode here if Dalton wins the division as the Panthers starting QB. I don't think this will happen, but it has to be at least a 5% chance or so. The Saints are clear favorites to win the NFC South, but it is not a sure thing.

Fanduel, MGM, Caesars and Poinstbet:

NFC South:
Saints are currently +115, +125, +120 and +125
Falcons are, +400, +400, +380 and +400
Bucs are, +500, +500, +460 and +500

Just for fun, Super Bowl:
Saints are, +3,500, +4,000, +3,000 and +3,300 (5th best odds in NFC)
Panthers are 11th in NFC at, +5,500, +5,000, +7,000 and +5,500.
I would be curious to see the odds again when they get their QB. It should already be figured in to an extent, but I wonder if a certain QB will move the needle more than others (in either direction).

I would be curious to see the odds again when they get their QB. It should already be figured in to an extent, but I wonder if a certain QB will move the needle more than others (in either direction).
Yeah, Chark won't move the needle at all. You have to figure the current odds are baked in to having Carolina take the best QB in the draft, who is on their board.

To put the Saints odds to win the NFC South in perspective.

The Bengals are NOT as favored to win the AFC North as the Saints are to win the NFC South. (It is close, but Saints are given better odds.)

Saints are currently +115, +125, +120 and +125. (Avg. +121.25)
Bengals are currently +135, + 125, +130 and +125. (Avg +128.75)

FYI also, Ravens are not that far ahead of the Panthers for #2 in their division.
Ravens +220, +225, +240 and +240

So the oddsmakers give the Saints a better chance to win the NFC South than the Bengals (AFC Championship game participant) to win the AFC North.

A rookie QB is not going to move the needle. Not any in this class anyways. I hope we play them week 1 at Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom