Can we limit it to 386 on Sunday (1 Viewer)

dbg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would really hate to have Ryan get 387 passing yards and hit 5K for the first time in his career. He only had 240 the last time we played. He's gone over 300 5 times:
TB - 334
OAK - 396
CAR - 503
SEA - 335
TB - 344

We give up and average of 270 a game (3rd worst in the NFL). Only gave up more than 386 one time this year (Kaepernick - 398). Eli was the next closest at 368.

But I'm sure that if Ryan did top 5k, it would somehow 'cement' his MVP status, regardless of the 4 (going on 5) times Drew has done it before...

But I'm sure that if Ryan did top 5k, it would somehow 'cement' his MVP status, regardless of the 4 (going on 5) times Drew has done it before...

However, Brees has far more attempts than anyone the past 5 years (including way more this year). I'm sure I'll get a green thumb for that but some of you people need to rly view everything a bit more objectively.

It would make him the first player in NFL history to have a 5K yard season and documented photo proof that they pooped their pants during a game.

I hope he doesn't get the 387 he needs to get there, but seeing as Matt Stafford has a 5K season on his resume takes the luster off of it some for me.

I don't know whats worse; giving that much up to Ryan, or that we gave that much up to Kaepernick :covri:

Ryan... Ryan would be worse. But still...

I would really hate to have Ryan get 387 passing yards and hit 5K for the first time in his career. He only had 240 the last time we played. He's gone over 300 5 times:
TB - 334
OAK - 396
CAR - 503
SEA - 335
TB - 344

We give up and average of 270 a game (3rd worst in the NFL). Only gave up more than 386 one time this year (Kaepernick - 398). Eli was the next closest at 368.

I really don't think there is a lot for you to worry about. Unlike Payton, Quinn does not recognize/prioritize individual records. He won't ask Shanahan to alter the game plan just to maximize passing yardage. The only milestone the Falcons are likely to hit is 1000 yards rushing for Freeman. He only needs 17.

The ironic thing for Saints fans? The better the game goes for the Saints, the more likely Ryan is to hit 5k and the more likely Julio is to lead the league in receiving. The only way those things happen is if the Falcons are playing catch up.

So, knowing that a Saints win is the most likely route to 5K for Ryan, I wonder what is more important to must Saints fans? If you had to choose between a Saints' win and letting Ryan hit 5k, or a loss in which he doesn't get 5k, what is the preference?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. To me, that is a tough question. The bonus in the loss is a better draft pick. While I don't encourage teams to chase draft picks, it really is a significant thing when you move up or down a few spots in the top half of round 1.

I really don't think there is a lot for you to worry about. Unlike Payton, Quinn does not recognize/prioritize individual records. He won't ask Shanahan to alter the game plan just to maximize passing yardage. The only milestone the Falcons are likely to hit is 1000 yards rushing for Freeman. He only needs 17.

The ironic thing for Saints fans? The better the game goes for the Saints, the more likely Ryan is to hit 5k and the more likely Julio is to lead the league in receiving. The only way those things happen is if the Falcons are playing catch up.

So, knowing that a Saints win is the most likely route to 5K for Ryan, I wonder what is more important to must Saints fans? If you had to choose between a Saints' win and letting Ryan hit 5k, or a loss in which he doesn't get 5k, what is the preference?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. To me, that is a tough question. The bonus in the loss is a better draft pick. While I don't encourage teams to chase draft picks, it really is a significant thing when you move up or down a few spots in the top half of round 1.

Until Quinn is in a position to have a guy beak an all time record I don't think anyone knows for a fact what he'll do, if you're referring to Brees passing Marino against you guys then I'd say that was a special case.

Beating Atlanta is always the answer no matter what the other options are.

Until Quinn is in a position to have a guy beak an all time record I don't think anyone knows for a fact what he'll do, if you're referring to Brees passing Marino against you guys then I'd say that was a special case.

Beating Atlanta is always the answer no matter what the other options are.

Correct. Also that was a home game and the next was on the road. SP wanted Drew to break it in front of us..anyone would agree...except..well you know lol

It wouldn't surprise me if Ezekiel Elliott wins MVP. As much as I hate the Cowboys, I'd much rather see him win it than ole Poop stain.

I have a hunch Ryan will play one quarter, maybe.

It appears some people still don't realize that Atlanta has a first round bye on the line tomorrow. This is a must-win for them.

Only way Matt Ryan only plays one quarter is if they're up 42-0 at the end of the first.

It appears some people still don't realize that Atlanta has a first round bye on the line tomorrow. This is a must-win for them.

Only way Matt Ryan only plays one quarter is if they're up 42-0 at the end of the first.
Or we send a "remember me" hit on him that sends him to the bench for the rest of the game.

Matt_Ryan05.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom